Some Obama nuggets

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama was making a point about comprehensive sex-ed and that he would want his daughters to get pregnant or an STD for lack of knowledge. It wasn't the best way to put it but how many times have you heard someone make the a remark about an unwed mother being some sort of punishment. For a guy who has fathered two lovely little girls I doubt he feels babies are punishment.

The more he talks, the more he lies.

This man will say anything to be elected and if he does, those that voted for him deserve eveything they get.

Agreed. And the big problem is that he is such an eloquent and accomplished speaker that I don't think a lot of people pay close attention to exactly what he saying, only how he is saying it.

I know an agent that is on his protection detail and says he is an absolutely great guy. Honestly, I wish his positions weren't so far left because he does seem to be a very likeable person.

Obama was making a point about comprehensive sex-ed and that he would want his daughters to get pregnant or an STD for lack of knowledge. It wasn't the best way to put it but how many times have you heard someone make the a remark about an unwed mother being some sort of punishment. For a guy who has fathered two lovely little girls I doubt he feels babies are punishment.

I'll give him that.

The problem I have is in one state he is pro-gun, anti-abortion, and all about sex eduaction in schools.

A month later he talks out the other side of his.......mouth and does a complete 180.

Yet, his supporters spin it one way or another.

I'll give him that.

The problem I have is in one state he is pro-gun, anti-abortion, and all about sex eduaction in schools.

A month later he talks out the other side of his.......mouth and does a complete 180.

Yet, his supporters spin it one way or another.

Examples?

Then teach them. I have NO problem with sex ed in schools as long as abstinence is also taught as the only 100% effective method of preventing pregnancy and STD.

Describing a baby as a punishment is wrong no matter how you spin it.

Ask Americans the issues that face them every day and they'll answer taxes, jobs, and the economy. Yet, we make the presidential race about abortion, guns, and a preacher. I don't know a single person that has ever had an abortion. The economy affects me every day. So does taxes. And jobs. It affects just about everyone on here. But let's dissect what Obama thinks about gays. Or what Hilary thinks about abortions. Or what McCain thinks about guns.

What does it matter what a president thinks about abortion? He can't wave a magic wand and change the law. He can't appoint a majority to the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V. Wade.

Take a straw poll of the top 5 issues facing Americans today. Abortion won't even be in the top 10. But let's make a big deal about it in the presidential race.

I want the next president to focus on jobs, the economy, the war in Iraq, and education. THAT should be his/her primary concern.