Some Obama nuggets

True, but I thought he was portraying himself as something "different" than the same old same old.

A new bottle of yoo hoo always offers something different, but when you take that first drink you realize it's nothing but nestle's quick and skim milk.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Whatever has led to VP Cheney's good financial fortune since taking office has nothing to do with Halliburton, yet the myth continues to be spread by conspiracy theorists.

The Cheney aide said that on January 18, 2001 -- just before being sworn in as vice president -- Cheney assigned all of his Halliburton stock options to a charitable trust.

"He legally and irrevocably assigned them and he receives no tax benefit from them," the Cheney aide said. This aide said the trustee of the trust decides when to sell them. -
Cheney aide rejects Halliburton questions

Cheney did continue to receive a deferred salary through 2005, which he earned prior to taking office. Cheney spent $15,000 on an insurance policy that guaranteed that he would receive the deferred payments whether or not Halliburton stayed in business. In other words, Cheney got paid the same regardless of Halliburton's performance.

More details are available on the charitable trusts to which Cheney assigned his stock options, but I do not have time to find them for you right now.

If your tired old allegations of extreme conflict of interest had any merit whatsoever, the Democratic controlled Congress would have held impeachment hearings already.

(I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread topic - Obama has his own conflicts and deserves more scrutiny than a lame duck VP.)

No since in clouding the issue with facts.