• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that Trame isn't a canidate and the final canidates are:

Brad Carr-Scott

Buddy Pittman-CovCath Asst

Sean Garnett-Conner Asst

Tim Sullivan-Holmes Asst

All are very viable canidates.

Couldn't go wrong with any candidate from this list. Carr is the only one with an established track record at the varsity level.

Wouldn't Pittman and Garnett be given special consideration since they are already in the county system?

Which possible juniors and sophs might Conner, Ryle, and Boone lose to Cooper? I've heard possibly Trevan Brown from Boone. Impact should be larger from Conner and Ryle according to the overall number of affected students from each school, right?

My guess would be after the school year is over because most of these canidates are teaching somewhere else. Once the year is over the current contract would be up and that would allow them to move on.

Seldom right and wrong again.

Cooper may or may not hire someone before the school year is complete, but it will have nothing to do with teaching contracts. Whoever is hired will simply finish the school year at their current school and move on next year. Happens all the time.

They are still working on hiring a football coach. Also, anyone who i teaching in the Boone County system has already put in for transfers this should put to rest the Shawn Garnett possibility as he did not put in for a transfer and does not want this job. Any established head coach would not want this job as it will take 3-4 years before the program can be ready to really compete for 33rd District titles let alone in the 9th region, this should put to rest the Listerman rumors. Carr has coached for a long time but is not very good and is Sullivan wanting to leave a situation where he knows he will be the next coach at Holmes where he can compete for 9th region titles year in and year out?

Carr has coached for a long time but is not very good

I think that many people would disagree with your assessment of Coach Brad Carr.

In my opinion, Brad Carr is a VERY GOOD coach who is not only knowledgeable, but hard-working and passionate about being successful. There are those who may disagree with his style, but very few who would question his coaching ability.

They are still working on hiring a football coach. Also, anyone who i teaching in the Boone County system has already put in for transfers this should put to rest the Shawn Garnett possibility as he did not put in for a transfer and does not want this job. Any established head coach would not want this job as it will take 3-4 years before the program can be ready to really compete for 33rd District titles let alone in the 9th region, this should put to rest the Listerman rumors. Carr has coached for a long time but is not very good and is Sullivan wanting to leave a situation where he knows he will be the next coach at Holmes where he can compete for 9th region titles year in and year out?

Agree with mustang Coach Carr is a very good coach who has gotten a lot out of his program at Scott. Lately he hasn't had a great amount of talent to work with, but he is a coach that demands defense and hard work ethic. A good teacher of the game.

Also I believe your wrong on the Sean Garnett information. I have a close source who says he is interested in the job. He didn't apply for a transfer, but then someone from Cooper Adminst. came to him letting him know they would like him to interview for the job.

I think Sullivan would get the job at Holmes after Henley left if he were the head coach at Cooper if that's what he wanted to do.