Cooper High Jaguars

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your way off with here FRM. In fact you really have no clue. Ferguson graduated Ryle in 2004 two years previous to the death of Randy Cooper. Therefore, there was no new prinicpal there until two years after the Ferguson deal. You need to get your stuff straight in a hurry it sounds like. And lets be honest, the adminstration at Ryle will always have football number 1. Randy Cooper told parents that Nate would be the coach as long as he wanted because he was a good Chemistry teacher. The basketball program will never be held to the same standard as the football program. How many different football coaches went through Ryle compared to basketball coaches in the last 10 years? The summer before Ryle won the Region Championship in 2002 Nate turned his letter of resignation in and told Cooper that he was not the right person for the job. Cooper talked him into staying, and fortunately Doellman and Feagan led the Raiders to the 9th region crown.

I never stated anything about Ferguson graduating after 2004, I was giving an example of angry parents at Niemi. Unless you've played for, which I have, Nate or work at Ryle, which I do, then you have no clue. I never said basketball came first at Ryle but what I said is that Niemi was not going to be the coach no matter who the principal was. It is very frustrating for a coach to have to deal with the type of parents at Ryle year in and year out. It is an enigma at Ryle. Also, they are on their 3rd coach in 10 years. Eckstein, the guy from Pennsylvania, and now Warner. Here's a thought, notice how Ryle is doing with a good coach in football who is not even in the building? Why don't more schools do this? Just because you can teach does not mean you can coach.

I'll have AD Matt Wilhoite on my radio show this weekend. We'll ask all of the questions posed here on who is at the head of the class for candidates.

Follow-up on this post. I caught up with Mr. Wilhoite at the Cov. Cath Baseball game. He would not talk about Cooper at all. Guess it's a wait and see.