Cooper High Jaguars

Agreed!!! frmwaydwntwn1212 doesn't seem to know his coaches too well. These guys are great teachers of the game, teachers of life, and preach toughness and hard work ethic. This is a very special group of coaches we are speaking of.

NKYBOY, I know my coaches very well. It is quite apparent that you have some connection to the Kenton Co. coaches and that is okay. I just think they are middle of the road coaches and not "Great". When you say great, I would think of Mike Listerman, Dave Faust, Dave Henley and Jim Hicks. These guys are behind them and they are not right behind them. There is a huge gap between the top coaches and those coaches.

Also there is more to being a great coach then coaching. You have parents and relationships with players.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKYBOY, I know my coaches very well. It is quite apparent that you have some connection to the Kenton Co. coaches and that is okay. I just think they are middle of the road coaches and not "Great". When you say great, I would think of Mike Listerman, Dave Faust, Dave Henley and Jim Hicks. These guys are behind them and they are not right behind them. There is a huge gap between the top coaches and those coaches.

Also there is more to being a great coach then coaching. You have parents and relationships with players.

I have no connection to Kenton Co. coaches. I live Boone Co, I played for Coach Faust and am still close with him. I know Coach Listerman very well also. I agree that list is the best group of coaches in the area and in previous post I've said those are the best all along. I'd include Willie Schlarman and Mike Code to that group though.

But in this thread, you are bashing the coaches we are speaking of. Saying Coach Carr "isn't that good" is wrong. He does a very good job from what he works with. So does Coach Stiener. They are very well respected coaches in NKY and looked at by many as the next set of excellent coaches in NKY.

I can tell you guys for a fact Sullivan at Holmes isn't going anywhere. I talk to him a few times a week as well as other family members and he knows he is in a very good situation down at Holmes. Being a former player there, he really enjoys working with the young talent from his alma mater and knows he is next in line for the head coaching job there.

I can tell you guys for a fact Sullivan at Holmes isn't going anywhere. I talk to him a few times a week as well as other family members and he knows he is in a very good situation down at Holmes. Being a former player there, he really enjoys working with the young talent from his alma mater and knows he is next in line for the head coaching job there.

This is a bit off the topic (apologies) but would Coach Wimzie be in the hunt if/when the Holmes job opens?

Pretty sure Snapp at Dixie is hunting for a head coaching job in this area. He had some successful years as a head coach in Indiana before moving to N Ky. He's name may not be well known, but the coaches mentioned in this thread are not any more talented than him. Sooner rather than later, he'll be a head coach somewhere in the area.

Two years ago Carr coached a group which had limited varsity experience, lost one of his top two players to injury in mid season and still produced 20+ wins and a regional semifinalist. Last year he took a team who was again limited on varsity experience and struggled during the regular season to a district championship and regional semifinalist.

Mustang is right on when he states you might disagree with his style but the man can flat out coach!:ylsuper:

The Cooper job would be appealing due to the facilities as that is going to be an issue at Scott for a long time. If you look at his current group of players he has some young talent that could continue his post season success.

It was the GRC Cards that barely beat Scott both times. 2 years ago GRC lost to Mason Co in the finals by 3 and last year Beat Mason Co by 4 to win the region. Scott is very well coached, I resprect coach Carr very much.

I am not from NKY, but a 10th region fan. Coach Carr has done a great job with the talent he has. He is a great coach and has the highest respect of all the 10th region fans and coaches. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth, and say I disagree with your statement.

This is a bit off the topic (apologies) but would Coach Wimzie be in the hunt if/when the Holmes job opens?

Not sure. It'd be between he and Sullivan but to be quite honest if the Holmes job does open up I'd be very surprised if Wimzie didn't go along with Henley or just keep his position as assistant.

I know he has had a chance to take the head coaching job for football at Holmes as well but declined. I think he's pretty happy with where he stands.

I am not bashing coaches, just giving an opinion on who they will not hire. I have been told that they are looking for a fresh coach who can "wait" to have a good team. Why would Carr leave Scott for a worse situation? Also, look who the AD is, a Boone County employee, this would lead me to believe that they will hire a Boone County guy.

I am not bashing coaches, just giving an opinion on who they will not hire. I have been told that they are looking for a fresh coach who can "wait" to have a good team. Why would Carr leave Scott for a worse situation? Also, look who the AD is, a Boone County employee, this would lead me to believe that they will hire a Boone County guy.

But you did bash coaches. First, you bashed Carr, then you bashed Steiner and Chevalier as well. Now, you're backpedeling for some reason.

As for the bolded part of your statement, I'd ask this of you, don't tell us who won't get the job, tell us who will. Then, it'll look like you know something.:banana:

I thought principal's hired staff?

Principals approve the hire, AD's recommend. It is very unusual for a principal to go against an AD's recommendation. Also, I don't know who they will hire, but I do know that they wanted Listerman he said no, and they have been told by several coaches in the region to hire Sullivan of Holmes but he may not want to leave Holmes. But, they are definitely not in a hurry to hire anyone yet. Here is a dark horse though if everyone else falls through. The Junior Varsity coach, Noel Williams, of Ryle has been hired at Cooper. If they are left at the altar by their top choices, he may fall into the position, see Mullins at Ryle.

But you did bash coaches. First, you bashed Carr, then you bashed Steiner and Chevalier as well. Now, you're backpedeling for some reason.

As for the bolded part of your statement, I'd ask this of you, don't tell us who won't get the job, tell us who will. Then, it'll look like you know something.:banana:

Add Alan Mullins to that list. Pretty soon he will bash John Wooden.