Mallett seeks transfer waiver

HT721

It is arrogant to try and put a kid above the rules, IMO... Coaching changes happen all the time and some kids transfer because of them. They sit out their year and deal with it.

Arkansas is hanging their hat on "extenuating circumstances." They're going to try to take a run at it from what they consider to be a different angle.

It is arrogant to try and put a kid above the rules, IMO... Coaching changes happen all the time and some kids transfer because of them. They sit out their year and deal with it.

So then any time an accepted appeal process is utilized that is arrogance because you're seeking to be put above the rules? One has to wonder if everyone took that stance how would bad rules ever be changed?

I personally feel that you have to have this "sit out" rule in place to deter kids jumping around all over the place. That's a good thing. In the Detroit newspaper, there was an article about Rich Rodriguez trying to call him three times to talk him into staying, and his mom saying that he didn't try to tkepp their kid. Either way, they are contradicting themselves, and he should sit, IMO>

So then any time an accepted appeal process is utilized that is arrogance because you're seeking to be put above the rules? One has to wonder if everyone took that stance how would bad rules ever be changed?

No, most that go to the appeal process have more reason to leave than the fact that they don't like the coach or the system. There are lots of kids that have coaches leave and maybe don't necessarily like the new guy but they either deal with it or sit out their year and I don't see why Mallet should be any different.

• 2 months later...
I doubt it, I would guess that he was just taking a shot in the dark and hoping they said yes. He had to know beforehand that the odds weren't in his favor.

Unless Bobby P. fed him full of his coach talk that he has become so famous for. If that is the case then it is a shame. If Petrino was honest and up front to the kid and his parents from the beginning,then the appeal was justified.