Mallett seeks transfer waiver

HT721

Worked with Smith going to Tennessee (basketball) and his circumstances.

His dad was sick when he signed with Alford, Alford leaves and he gets the waiver to go to TN without sitting out. It was just a matter of time before someone tried it for their own personal reasons somewhere else.

Completely different circumstances with Smith. His dad got in worse shape while he was at Iowa.

Honestly, can you really blame them for trying this. What is the worst they can say? No, you have to sit out like you expected to have to do anyway. Not much of a risk.

Couldn't agree more.

I know that the circumstance was different.

This kid thinks his circumstance warrants it.

What is important to me may not be important to you and the other way around. Smith's situation was bad, but we knew someone would eventually challenge this with their own circumstance. I can actually see someone winning something like this in court.

I don't like that the kid and Ark. are trying to put a kid above the rules... Coaching changes happen, deal with it...

If there is an appeal process allowed by the NCAA, I don't have a problem with them using it. Its highly unlikely it will work but its part of the process. No harm in testing a rule, right?

If there is an appeal process allowed by the NCAA, I don't have a problem with them using it. Its highly unlikely it will work but its part of the process. No harm in testing a rule, right?

There is no real problem with it, I just this it shows a lot of arrogance...