2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

Are any of the freshman kids from HHS moving up to the JV for the final 3 or 4games of the season? This can be a very valuable time and learning experience for those that are given the opportunity.

THAT would be a cool thing for them to do! It's always an honor to be "moved up" and it might really help excite a player to work harder in the off season. A nice reward for deserving players...I hope this gets done!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit the nail on the head!:thumb: Most of us don't see the need to discourage any student/athletes. However, some don't realize the kids log on to this forum as much as the parents. Nothing could be worse for a student that's putting all his/her effort into trying to become a better athlete, than to have some armchair adult criticize his talent.

Another good point.

Great season for both teams.

I'm guessing the Birds footballers will be in the weight room today, Good Luck.

I heard that one freshmen basketball player lost his lunch during Dale's football conditioning today. I was told he didn't give up easy and kept on plugging away.

Let me preface the following with the fact that every school has fans that yell too much and too loudly. No one school owns that distinction and its an age old problem.

With that said, Eric Deters owes everyone an apology because he flat out embarrassed not only himself and his family but the SK community. While I can see that it was him that lost his mind, some will simply generalize as "SK fans." When you don't like a call and run down 5 or 6 rows of stands to get close to the official while he's reporting a foul and you drop the big expletive on the official, you no longer deserve to sit in the stands. Add to it that the official was right (learn the rules, Eric) and top it off with him waiting outside the officials room after the game so that he could once again attack them and you've got man (and I use that term in its loosest sense) who needs to get some help.

I can't tell you how many people said to each other after the game "did you see that one guy in the hat?" I truly feel bad for his child and would challenge him to take a step back and determine if that is acceptable behavior. Even if the officials were bad , and they weren't, there is simply no excuse for the lunacy that was Eric Deters.

Let me add that I'd take Boone's Jordan Oppenheimer on any team I had. The kid is poised, smooth, tough, and has talent. He's the glue to that team IMO.

I agree. Jordan often goes unnoticed behind Brown and Montgomery, but he is a good player. He is sort-of a blue collar player. You will always see him box-out and do the little things, but also can drop 15-20 points on you on any given night and come up big for you in the clutch.

The rebels battled a tough Cov Cath team and will move on to play Dixie this Saturday. Boone was led by Trevan Brown who set the tempo in OT with good defense and some strong rebounds and finished the game with 14 points and 17 rebounds, followed by Travis Montgomerey and Jordan Opp each with 12 points. Tanner Smith knocked down some key free throws to seal the deal. Curtis Crabtree struggled offensively, but still played an aggressive game. Overall the entire team played well and deserved the win.

The rebels battled a tough Cov Cath team and will move on to play Dixie this Saturday. Boone was led by Trevan Brown who set the tempo in OT with good defense and some strong rebounds and finished the game with 14 points and 17 rebounds, followed by Travis Montgomerey and Jordan Opp each with 12 points. Tanner Smith knocked down some key free throws to seal the deal. Curtis Crabtree struggled offensively, but still played an aggressive game. Overall the entire team played well and deserved the win.

Neither team played well offensively. They got their points on steals, breaks, and offensive rebounds. I didn't see many sets tonight that resulted in points.

I don't think CovCath people argue with Highlands people anymore. They argue amongst themselves so much that they don't even care what we say. :lol:

Whether we do or do not argue amongst ourselves has no effect on whether we care what a CovCath fan says. We don't.:thumb:

Let me preface the following with the fact that every school has fans that yell too much and too loudly. No one school owns that distinction and its an age old problem.

With that said, Eric Deters owes everyone an apology because he flat out embarrassed not only himself and his family but the SK community. While I can see that it was him that lost his mind, some will simply generalize as "SK fans." When you don't like a call and run down 5 or 6 rows of stands to get close to the official while he's reporting a foul and you drop the big expletive on the official, you no longer deserve to sit in the stands. Add to it that the official was right (learn the rules, Eric) and top it off with him waiting outside the officials room after the game so that he could once again attack them and you've got man (and I use that term in its loosest sense) who needs to get some help.

I can't tell you how many people said to each other after the game "did you see that one guy in the hat?" I truly feel bad for his child and would challenge him to take a step back and determine if that is acceptable behavior. Even if the officials were bad , and they weren't, there is simply no excuse for the lunacy that was Eric Deters.

That is pretty sad. How much pressure do you think that poor kid gets at home let alone having to play in front of that type of behavior in public. We all have yelled a few things and regretted it but to leave your seat and stomp down bleachers. To wait outside for referees as if they are going to acknowledge him at all, that is just sad.