2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

Any thoughts on Boone/Dixie saturday night? I'm going looong here and saying Boone by 2. Even though I secretly wish Dixie by 4.

I'm not sure how Dixie handles Boone's size even at the guard position. Heck, their guard dunks before the game.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ask, Theoldguy gives! :D

Stats

Those stats are pretty cool Oldguy. Is that a free webservice or something or a program?

Looks like CovCath shot poorly from the field. 29% wont win you many games. Thelen looks like he got some looks at the basket.

What are the sizes of these two teams as far as post players?

I have a question about the SK Frosh team. Who are the star players and will one particular player have a chance at moving on to Varsity down the road?

#33 is a very long kid with a very nice outside stroke.

#30 is a very strong defender and is physically strong enough to get to the basket.

The rest of the main players all look like they have the CHANCE to contribute somewhere down the road if they continue to work.

Solid team. Not a great team but one that battles.

I have a question about the SK Frosh team. Who are the star players and will one particular player have a chance at moving on to Varsity down the road?

It's hard to say they have "star players", but they do have a few kids that can play and play well. They have a guard (#33) who is a very nice shooter, a forward (#3) who I think is as good as anyone on the team, and then there is the Baldwin kid (#30?). Austin is incredibly athletic and can do a lot of things well. I don't know how much more he will grow, but I look to see these three contribute at the varsity level. Sorry that I don't have more info. Only saw them play three times this year.

Bellevue has hosted a small school A tourney the past 2 years. This year the following are playing in it:

Bellevue

Latin (jv squad)

Ludlow

Augusta

Walton

Calvary

Heritage

Newport

Guaranteed 2 games............Final four is Latin Ludlow Newport and Augusta

Boone County is going to have no trouble scoring or playing defense. Boone will win with ease. When Cov Cath played against Boone We had chances to score except Thelen was off, and Alex Connely and Connor Maschinot were both coming back from being sick. Hudephol stepped it up defensively and offensively, Alex Connely, and Andrew Schult Both fouled out in the fourth and first overtimes.