2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What class did he "void" (whatever that means) and who from that class coulda/shoulda/woulda contrbuted?

I wouldn't call it voiding a class. The kids seem to weed themselves out. Highlands has had inconsistency in the classes in basketball. Seems like every other year a decent class comes through. The problem is if your every other year misses. The program needs to get to the point where each class is strong, with at least 3 or 4 contributors. Well, it is what it is. Next 2 years should be fun.

Some of these comments by HHS fans are what leads to bitterness between classes and parents. At the end of the day, all the classes make up the terrific programs we have at HHS. Don't add fuel to the fire.

Shouldn't there be plenty of JV spots next year? With all the current Sophomore successes this season, I would expect plenty of roster spots at the JV level. If basketball is your thing, keep working hard and develop as players and athletes.

I couldn't have said it any better Bird Hustle except to add that the comments also leads to bitterness between sports. Totally counterproductive.

I've heard all the responses that such commentary is what this site is all about, but I still subscribe to the theory that sometimes the less said the better, especially criticism (even constructive criticism) about your own program.

While the record of the frosh in football and basketball this year was not what any Highlands fan hoped for, I've got a lot of confidence in our coaches and the work ethic of our kids. Prove me right boys. I believe in you and I know lots of others do also. While I like to win as much as the next person (some will say I like to win too much), all I and anyone else can ask for is that the kids work their tails off, show dedication and commitment and play with the heart that we've come to expect from any player wearing "Highlands" across his or her chest. They do that and I don't care what their record is.

By the way, this IS NOT a true "Regional" tournament. This is an invitational tournament run by CovCath that has been "ASSUMED" to be the regional. Some 8th and 10th region teams participate while many, if not most, smaller 9th region schools are not even invited. Also, you do understand that the concept of "seeding" teams requires that teams play similar schedules and like opponenets, otherwise the comparisons are simply subjective opinions which are far worse than a simple blind draw. For the umpteenth time in these type of discussions, a person'r opinion as to how good or how much better one team is than another has absolutely no bearing on how "seeding" is correctly done. Records don't mean squat unless they can be compared directly and they NEVER will.

:thumb:

I have a grand idea: Let's get together as a group 8,9, and 10 regions and have a true freshmen championship. Each region pick a saturday in early Feb. for each regional champ and then come together the next saturday perhaps bringing the top two from each region for a champion. I am friends with Gallatins freshmen coach, I'll run it past him to see what he thinks. If I'm not mistaken that group has lost 1 game in three years and would probably love to see how they match up against the so called big boy's.

I don't think CovCath people argue with Highlands people anymore. They argue amongst themselves so much that they don't even care what we say. :lol:

You hit the nail on the head!:thumb: Most of us don't see the need to discourage any student/athletes. However, some don't realize the kids log on to this forum as much as the parents. Nothing could be worse for a student that's putting all his/her effort into trying to become a better athlete, than to have some armchair adult criticize his talent.