2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

Down in this class...boy aren't you sweet. Thank you for the nice comment!! Can't wait for the 7th grade class...they will be starting varsity as Freshman. How did they do this weekend down state? Oh, that's what I thought!

Dont get your britches in an uproar. Willie's theory is 3/4 from each class anyway. I think I mentioned that there are 3/4 that will move on and play. Its just an opinion which means nothing really so relax.

The 7th grade class has nothing to do with this thread so leave them out of it. I am sorry if you took my comment the wrong way. I am happy those kids rebounded from a tough early season string of losses and won 10 out of their last 12 is what one parent told me.

Lets face it, doesnt matter how good each class is up at Highlands, you can count on 3/4 out of a strong class and maybe 2 out of a weak class moving on.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these comments by HHS fans are what leads to bitterness between classes and parents. At the end of the day, all the classes make up the terrific programs we have at HHS. Don't add fuel to the fire.

Shouldn't there be plenty of JV spots next year? With all the current Sophomore successes this season, I would expect plenty of roster spots at the JV level. If basketball is your thing, keep working hard and develop as players and athletes.

Qryche, How many Highlands freshman games have you seen this year? It is hard to judge kids if you haven't seen them play in person. It is normal to only keep 5 or 6 players out of a class. And I think there is at least 5 that will make it next year if they go out. This year Highlands kept 9 sophmores that is way above the average.

Qryche, How many Highlands freshman games have you seen this year? It is hard to judge kids if you haven't seen them play in person. It is normal to only keep 5 or 6 players out of a class. And I think there is at least 5 that will make it next year if they go out. This year Highlands kept 9 sophmores that is way above the average.

Your right, probably would help to see them play this year but I have spoken to a few that have given me very good insight into the Frosh and keeping 9 sophomores was not the typical Schlarman way. They only did that because they have a strong class and 4 play a lot of varsity. I did watch these boys play as 8th graders last season and they played hard for Nieporte.

The bottom line is they probably will need 4/5 of these current Frosh to really go out and work on their game this off season because the Sr. class next season may either be 2 or nil. Then you will have to definitely fill out a JV team.

I am not downgrading any of the kids on this team I just know how tough it is once you pass Frosh year to make JV/Varsity and Wille has shown in the past he doesnt keep a lot from each class.

Its hard to measure who is going to develop as well when you talk about kids in middle school or who will quit and go to football or just quit in general.

Some of these comments by HHS fans are what leads to bitterness between classes and parents. At the end of the day, all the classes make up the terrific programs we have at HHS. Don't add fuel to the fire.

Shouldn't there be plenty of JV spots next year? With all the current Sophomore successes this season, I would expect plenty of roster spots at the JV level. If basketball is your thing, keep working hard and develop as players and athletes.

You are exactly right. At the end of the day we are all hoping the program excels and the kids excel. I really hope this Frosh Class gets better and better and can be great leaders over the next few years. I certainly dont want to start any animosity between parents on here.

The kids that stuck it out and played hard for this team should be commended as well because cleaning house was probably the best thing the coach ever did.

At least 5 from this class will have to make JV next year for Highlands. If not then there is no JV team.

I noticed Maschnot for CovCath not in the stats, is he injured? Why did'nt he play?

Cubby Connelly for CovCath is going to be a force in the next few years, long and athletic who can run the floor.

I believe from listening to the broadcast, he and maybe another were out sick. Seems whatever bug is going around the area, hit the Freddie's of CovCath hard.

Isn't if funny Oldguy that no matter what the outcome of a game, when Highlands is involved it always ends about the future of Highlands' program?

I am not going to touch that one with a ten foot, no make that with a one hundred foot pole! :D

Final 4 on Monday. Boone plays CCH and SK plays either Dixie or Newport.

The tourney can save money on officiating. There are a few SK fans that will yell "walk" on every play and let the ref know how to officiate. That's fun to sit through.

The tourney can save money on officiating. There are a few SK fans that will yell "walk" on every play and let the ref know how to officiate. That's fun to sit through.

SK will play Dixie. They beat Newport by 6 or so.

Now that's good (and very true stuff) right there. :thumb:

Too bad NewCath, Ryle, Campbell County, Scott and some other good freshman teams either didn't play or were beaten early in this tournament.

By the way, this IS NOT a true "Regional" tournament. This is an invitational tournament run by CovCath that has been "ASSUMED" to be the regional. Some 8th and 10th region teams participate while many, if not most, smaller 9th region schools are not even invited. Also, you do understand that the concept of "seeding" teams requires that teams play similar schedules and like opponenets, otherwise the comparisons are simply subjective opinions which are far worse than a simple blind draw. For the umpteenth time in these type of discussions, a person'r opinion as to how good or how much better one team is than another has absolutely no bearing on how "seeding" is correctly done. Records don't mean squat unless they can be compared directly and they NEVER will.