2008 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Bluebirds for knocking off the Breds in the 1st round. Any reports on this one? Who looked good for the Birds?

Now remember, they beat the Cov Cath boys early in the season so I am sure the Colonels will be itching to get the Birds back. Good Luck boys.

How is it that Boone, Conner and Ryle were in the same bracket? Boone and Ryle were the best teams in the NKAC all year and Conner was in the top 5. I don't know if this set up is really conducive to a good tournament.

Same type of thing happened last year in the frosh tournament. The weaker teams were put on the CovCath side, and the better teams were in the other bracket.

This is the one thing that has to be fixed in this tournament. I think they should seed every team based on record if they want to have the "Best" teams in the championship. I didn't get to go to the Conner/Ryle game but I'm sure it felt like the Championship game for both those teams.

So do I, but only two districts of the four districts in the ninth currently seed on the varsity level, so I think they aren't going to change anything anytime soon.

This is the one thing that has to be fixed in this tournament. I think they should seed every team based on record if they want to have the "Best" teams in the championship. I didn't get to go to the Conner/Ryle game but I'm sure it felt like the Championship game for both those teams.

Do they seed for the 8th, 9th and/or 10th region tournaments? No, they do not so why should they seed for the frosh tourney? It would appear that there are implications that CCH somehow fixes the draw so that it is on the weaker side of the bracket.

Do they seed for the 8th, 9th and/or 10th region tournaments? No, they do not so why should they seed for the frosh tourney? It would appear that there are implications that CCH somehow fixes the draw so that it is on the weaker side of the bracket.
I'm confused, on why or much less how, someone "could fix a draw" for brackets.

If CCH were to 'fix' it so they were on the 'easier' side of the bracket, wouldn't they put themselves on the other side with the teams they beat during the season(Dixie, Holy Cross, Holmes, etc)?

That is exactly correct coop. Not implying CCH did anything wrong at all.
....:thumb: When you state, there are implications that CCH somehow fixes the draw so that it is on the weaker side of the bracket", that was the only way I could interpret it.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.