Everything posted by dog4
-
Cov Cath @ Scott (2/14)
Will be Sat the 14th at Scott
-
Boone County 58 Covington Catholic 42
Beside those two, Cubby was out the first three losses with a sprained ankle suffered during the Cooper game. So, that is three of the better players. He was back last nightand struggled a little, but they will be alright I think.
-
Highlands vs. Holy Cross Frosh Predictions
According to CovCath site, the Colonels beat HC by 20
-
Holmes 56 Covington Catholic 37
What is your definition of ALOT? Find me any PG who doesn't have a couple every game. I don't disagree that he has turnovers. The whole team makes ALOT of turnovers. But, aside from the Highlands game (5 TO), I think you will find if you go back and look at stats, that even though he has handled the ball as much as almost everyone on the team, he is not leading the team in TO and still has more assists than TO. Your post on here make it sound like he is the only one who is making TO and is costing the team wins. The reason they are not winning is because nobody can consistently score, neither inside or outside. I can not recall watching another High School team who misses as many lay-ups and put backs as this team.
-
Holmes 56 Covington Catholic 37
Actually, he did drive to the hoop once, and did score.
-
Holmes 56 Covington Catholic 37
Agreed, the boys hung in there and never gave up. Too bad we did not get to play full strength. Maybe we can win the next 12!
-
Holmes 56 Covington Catholic 37
Sorry - I was replying to OHYEA
-
Holmes 56 Covington Catholic 37
Before I say this, I want to state that I really like Brett and his game, but based on this comment you obviuosly have not watched much of the JV games this year. When teams press and trap, Brett does get in trouble. I think that is the main reason he is playing JV more now than Maschinot As fas as the passes go, If what you say is true, then how can he have more assists than turnovers? Again, I believe he is still the only person on the team in that situation. They can not all be assists to outside guys, cause you and I both know how horrendous our outside shooting is
-
Holmes 56 Covington Catholic 37
I think the biggest reason you see Maschinot in there now over Riedinger is the ability to not get trapped. When facing pressure, Maschinot is able to use his quickess to avoid traps, where as Brett is more likely to get caught up in the trap leading to the turnover. I am also surprised on the knock on Maschinot's passing. Yes he is a youmg guy who makes some turnovers, but more often than not he grts the ball to the open man. How often does he make a good pass only to have the guy miss the shot?
-
Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)
[quote=Eta Rho;Covcath comes in 3-10 after a tough loss to Beechwood. Thoughts? Actually, CovCath will be coming off a victory over Cooper. There was a triple header in Park Hills yesterday.(Frosh, JV, Varsity) Cov Cath won all three. Don't remember the exact scores though for all three. Varsity was Cov Cath 63 - Cooper 29 On a side note, hopefully the two Colonels hurt during action are ok. Both Heimbrock and Connelly rolled ankles. (Connelly during varsity and Heimbrock during JV.)
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
I agree about the scene when being removed from the game. I am not necessarily talking about that. More than one of the sophs have heard upperclassman talking off the floor, and 'complaining' about coach taking them out and playing the young guys. I agree completely with you on the push pass. He does it way too much. Worst part is, he is not the only one who tries the push pass too much
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Sorry - I missed the earlier post. I agree. I think last night was a big one for him and his confidence. Highlands was a very tough game for a first start and he got rattled big time with the two quick fouls. Lookked not only like he felt like he belonged, but the rest of the Cov Cath team I think felt much more confident in him. They were giving him the ball to bring it up almost every time, and both of his three's were big and the team mates seemed to forget he was a soph and thought of him strictly as a team mate. I personally think that is something else that has been an issue witht his team that I do not think has been mentioned. It certainly seems to some who have been to most of the games, that often the upperclassmen do not like being replaced in the game by the young guys.(I still saw some of it last night) Hopefully the guys will realize that it is on team, and they need to play as a team if they are going to have any success this year. Has not been mentioned yet I think, sorry if it has, but the JV boys from Cov Cath won again, to run their record to a perfect 11 and 0!
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Yep.
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Not good. Could be down for a bit
-
Beechwood 55 Covington Catholic 50
Well, he did shoot 100%. He only took two shots. Not sure of minutes, but played a lot and only had two turnovers. Several steals, and assists as well. The turnovers for the team were too many again (16) and most of them were bad passes by bigs to bigs inside and the perimiter.
-
JV Teams in the 9th region.
That is three of the five original starters, and a couple others could be seeing more varsity minutes soon (look at how much Hudepohl has played lately). I think you are probably right, but I was just saying.......
-
JV Teams in the 9th region.
If they don't keep losing players to varsity that is.
-
Highlands 70 Covington Catholic 54
Agree that he had a bad nite. The rest of the games overall though seems to be doing a pretty good job. For his size the rebound number is the one that surprises me most. Date Opponent Result FGM-A MIN 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS 12/5/2008 Mason Co. L 59-39 0-0 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 12/9/2008 Conner L 78-61 0-2 7 0-1 0-0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 12/14/2008 Highlands L 58-41 0-1 6 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 12/23/2008 Campbell County W 44-35 0-0 4 0-0 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 12/28/2008 Muhlenberg North W 64-62 0-0 8 0-0 0-0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 12/29/2008 Mt Lebanon, PA L 62-42 1-2 11 0-1 0-0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 1/2/2009 @ Lafayette L 55-51 1-3 14 0-1 0-0 1 3 5 0 0 2 0 2 1/5/2009 @ Highlands L 70-54 0-1 13 0-0 0-0 0 0 3 1 0 5 0 0
-
Highlands 70 Covington Catholic 54
I agree that the team imploded, but I do not think it is fair to place all the blame on the guards. At the time of the 'implosion' Highlands was not pressing and Cov Cath was getting the ball into the front court. Bad shot selection and no defense were and are as much to blame for the implosion in my mind, well that and bad passes all the way around, not just by the guards. Look at the number of assist the team has? They only have one player who has more assist than turnovers. Too many guys trying to handle the ball too much in places they shouldn't. The other thing that really hurts the team is they simply can not score. They miss too many lay-ups and put backs. Hopefully the new coach (assistant) will be able to help them out there.
-
CovCath 31 Highlands 28 (JV)
Was anyone else in the concession area in between the JV and Varsity game and did you hear the Highlands coach ...umm.. talking to his team in a rather loud voice? I mean, I have heard plenty of coaches yell at their team after games, but after hearing this coach, I sure am glad I don't have any kids play for him. He may be a good coach and all, but the insults he was yelling at his kids, was too much in my opinion.
-
CovCath 31 Highlands 28 (JV)
Schult also did not play for CovCath as he was out of town.
-
Lexington Lafayette 54 Covington Catholic 51
JV win was very impressive. I think they shot over 50% from the floor, and were 16 for 18 from the line! I do not remember how many threes were made, but I think they were about 6 or 7 out of 10 maybe. The final score was 57 - 40 but it really wasn't even that close.
-
Lexington Lafayette 54 Covington Catholic 51
Cov Cath did have a lot of turnovers, but it would be incorrect to think that the majority of these were made by the guards. I don't know the exact numbers, but Maschinot played 16 mins and only made two(one of which he was fouled on) Not sure how many Wilson had who played most of the other minutes at the point.
-
CovCath 64 Muhlenberg North 62
Mitch did not play. Pauly ran the point for most of the game. Maschinot was in for about 7 - 8 mins to give Max a breather.
-
Covington Holmes 70 Scott County 65
Anybody else see Billy G watching from the corner?