Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Holmes travels to Park Hills Wednesday to take on the Colonels.

Holmes comes in 13-1 after a win against Holy Cross and can wrap up the #1 seed in the district with a win.

Covcath comes in 3-10 after a tough loss to Beechwood.

Thoughts?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match ups:

6'0 Riley v 5'8 Mashinot (??)

6'2 D. Johnson v 6'0 Ives

6'4 J. Johnson v 6'2 Maile

6'5 R. Johnson v 6'4 Wellbrock

6'7 Pittman v 6'4 Isler

I wouldn't be surprised if Listerman started Thelen though to give CCH more size down low and help with rebounding since Holmes will be considerably bigger.

Holmas is to good. Pittman and the Johnson brothers are going to roll all over CCH

I agree about them being too good, but I'm thinking Holmes only wins in the 10-15 range.

Holmes 63

Covcath 50

Holmes size and athleticism will be the deciding factor in this game. I'm not sure Covcath can keep Holmes off the offensive glass. That's one thing they've struggled with against Holmes over the years. I don't see this year being any exception.

If Henley decides to press though, which for whatever reasons he hasn't done much of this year, I could see this one getting out of hand possibly because of Covcath's inability to handle pressure for all 4 quarters. They seem to always have one quarter with mental breakdowns which causes the game to get away.

I think they could do damage down low though with Isler and Wellbrock, if they can get Pittman in foul trouble.

I think if Isler pushes around Pittman. It would frustrate him and take him off his game. Isler is more than capable of bullying around Pittman.

I agree. Isler had a big game against Pittman last year in the JV regional.

Pittman isn't that small anymore though and has probably put on 25 lbs since last year.

Pushing around a 6'4 185 Pittman is much easier than pushing around a 6'7 210 Pittman. ;)

I do think Isler will be able to be physical with Pittman though.

I agree. Isler had a big game against Pittman last year in the JV regional.

Pittman isn't that small anymore though and has probably put on 25 lbs since last year.

Pushing around a 6'4 185 Pittman is much easier than pushing around a 6'7 210 Pittman. ;)

I do think Isler will be able to be physical with Pittman though.

Didn't know he put on that much, but Pittman does like to get out of the paint when pushed around. Idk why he can take most people.:idunno:

This one may go ugly early. Bad matchups all around for the Colonels on defense. Maile will get his points but who else is going to score??? Cov Cath is likely to experience big time difficulty with entry passes to the big men inside. Holmes by as many as Coach Henley would like.

Didn't know he put on that much, but Pittman does like to get out of the paint when pushed around. Idk why he can take most people.:idunno:

Yea anyone who hasn't seen Pittman since last year is going to be surprised when they see how big he is now. He's put on a considerable amount of muscle and the 3 inches doesn't hurt any. Even Isler has talked about how big Pittman is now. He'll be alright though. Isler is a tough kid and plays hard.

Pittman plays out of the paint though because he is a SF. Holmes might have size, but they don't have a true big man.