Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't going to be the same rivalry game it has been in the past just because how bad Cov. Cath is. Holmes should win this game without a problem bout about 15 or 20.

I'd be somewhat surprised if Holmes won by more than 20.

I think the big crowd that's going to be out for this one will really fire both teams up.

What seed do you think CCH will draw in the district? Could they be playing Holmes again as the four?

I personally think it will come down to CCH and HC as the 3 and 4 seed. Loser of that game will likely get Holmes in the first round. Beechwood has already assured themself of no worse than a 3 seed even if they lose to Holy Cross. I see it playing out like this:

1. Holmes

2. Beechwood

3. Covcath

4. Holy Cross

Others obviously will disagree but Covcath-Holy Cross will decide the #3 and #4 seed.

Match ups:

6'0 Riley v 5'8 Mashinot (??)

6'2 D. Johnson v 6'0 Ives

6'4 J. Johnson v 6'2 Maile

6'5 R. Johnson v 6'4 Wellbrock

6'7 Pittman v 6'4 Isler

I wouldn't be surprised if Listerman started Thelen though to give CCH more size down low and help with rebounding since Holmes will be considerably bigger.

Are you hinting that there may be a slight height advantage for Holmes?:lol:

According to a person at the KHSAA, they say Holmes.

I can't see why Holmes would not get it since it was Beechwood's decision to give it up to Holmes last year.

Does it really matter? IMO: It doesn't since Holmes is going to win it pretty easy anyway.

Actually yes, it matters. The fact that there's going to be people who can't see some of the games (seating) is a joke.

Actually yes, it matters. The fact that there's going to be people who can't see some of the games (seating) is a joke.

You are right. Holy Cross is a very small gym with only seating on one side.

Some people will not be able to get into some of the games.

**It has been confirmed that the districts are at Holy Cross. Thanks to Eta for confirming this.

You are right. Holy Cross is a very small gym with only seating on one side.

Some people will not be able to get into some of the games.

I agree. Districts at Holy Cross is a joke. No seating, it will be VERY hot, and unless you get there an hour before the game, you won't get in.

I agree it should just be at Holmes every year. It's the best court of all four in the districts.

Well from what I heard, it was originally supposed to be at Holmes again this year but the "powers that be" at a certain school complained about them hosting two years in a row, so Holmes just decided to do the classy thing and let that school host.

When Beechwood passed last year on the District tournament there was some talk about moving the games to Thomas More. Holmes is a great venue, but I hate the thought of giving the Bulldogs a year in, year out home court advantage for the Districts. Why not Thomas More?