Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Holmes winning by a large margin. I don't see Covington Catholic having anyone who will be able to contend with Pittman. I see Pittman having a big game, and I agree with Riley having a big game. He did fairly well against Holy Cross on Friday. I am looking forward to seeing the Colonels tomorrow night in a big game. Though CovCath is having a down year, you can't deny that the 35th district rivalry between CovCath and Holmes always holds for a good game. Does anyone know when or if Schover will return for CovCath.

Personally I think Henley should revise his game plan then, lol I'd go right for the guards. But HEY stick with that one. I'd much rather see some physical inside play, you know how I feel about that.

I also agree that Pittman talking in Wellbrocks ear would get to his head, but Wellbrock needs to be able to handle that.

I understand Pittmans game backs his mouth up? Never said it didn't. I am a fan of Pittman's. But IMO he should fine tune his play rather then worry about talking smack to people.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Going after the CCH bigs makes much more sense to me. Without Isler or Wellbrock in the lineup Covcath is basically a JV team and has no inside game whatsoever. Henley knows the guards aren't going to beat them (I'm not considering Maile a guard with that statement.)

What does Pittman talking "smack" throughout the game to the other players guarding him have to do with him fine tuning his game? Is talking going to make him a lesser player or alter his game? :confused: Doesn't seem to have any affect on how he's played so far.....It's just apart of his competitive nature.

I see Holmes winning by a large margin. I don't see Covington Catholic having anyone who will be able to contend with Pittman. I see Pittman having a big game, and I agree with Riley having a big game. He did fairly well against Holy Cross on Friday. I am looking forward to seeing the Colonels tomorrow night in a big game. Though CovCath is having a down year, you can't deny that the 35th district rivalry between CovCath and Holmes always holds for a good game. Does anyone know when or if Schover will return for CovCath.

From what I have been led to believe he just might not return to playing basketball this season! Really a shame too for a young man to miss his senior year and not to be able to do something he is very, very good at and loves.

Live on CovCath Internet Radio Network....

CovCath Colonel Varsity Basketball vs. Holmes Bulldogs (KY) 07:30PM (EST)

Covington Catholic Colonel Varsity Basketball vs. Holmes Bulldogs, live from Park Hills

Anyone who hasn't caught one of these web casts, should try to listen in. You get a good depiction of what is happening on the floor. The two guys doing the call, while being on the homer side of things, are very entertaining.

Anyone who hasn't caught one of these web casts, should try to listen in. You get a good depiction of what is happening on the floor. The two guys doing the call, while being on the homer side of things, are very entertaining.

Mark, J-man and Mikey D really do appreciate the kinds words malachicrunch, listen in tonight for a shout out to you....

BTW Mark and the crew really know both teams quite well, so I would suggest you listen to the CovCath Internet Radio Network for tonight game if you can't make it out....

Again thanks malachicrunch for the kind words......

From what I have been led to believe he just might not return to playing basketball this season! Really a shame too for a young man to miss his senior year and not to be able to do something he is very, very good at and loves.

I heard this probably a week or so ago. I agree it's a shame that he is going to miss his senior year, but it helps put in to perspective for all of us that there's more important things in life.