Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That statement is not true at all. There has never been pre-sale tickets at HC before district games. It is the same at any other gym you get in line and wait to get in except their gym is a lot smaller. Can you blame them for wanting to have a home court advantage when usually playing either the one or two seed in first round of districts. The only other solution IMO would be to move it to a neutral court EVERY YEAR, since I see it as unfair for one team to have home court advantage year in and year out.

I have no problem with HC (or any team for that matter) wanting to have a home court advantage. That's why home court rotates, and it's equal for everybody.

But HC has pulled some old tricks to make sure that they have plenty of fans at the game in the past. It may not be pre-sale tickets, but you sure won't see any of the opposing teams' fans standing in the lobby waiting to buy tickets.

Say Holy Cross beats Beechwood and loses to CCH, what happens?

Covcath gets 4 seed because of the head to head loss to Beechwood.

Holy Cross gets 2 seed because of the head to head win against Beechwood.

Beechwood gets 3 seed because of head to head win over Covcath.

Pretty sure that's how it'd shape up but they could also use a blind draw.

Edited by Eta Rho

I don't think anyone thinks Isler is superior to Pittman in basketball lol. I think he has the ability to get into Pittman's head, because he doesn't react to the mouth like some players do vs Pittman. [Pittman talks in your ear the whole game].

If Pittman is playing on the wing, then I would venture to say that Isler won't be the one guarding him anyways. Isler typically stays in the paint to guard the interior.

Who is going to guard Pittman if he wanders out on a wing? Wellbrock will likely be on J. Johnson, Maile on R. Johnson, Ives on D. Johnson/Housely, Maschinot/Pauly on Riley....Isler is going to have to guard him. J. Johnson and R. Johnson are already going to be too quick for Maile and Wellbrock, so why would they put Isler on either of those two when they're probably quicker than Pittman?

Isler is just going to have to hope that Pittman doesn't get the ball out there because he will be more prone to picking up silly fouls as Pittman tries to drive by him. Pittman may be 6'7 but his ability to play outside really forces the opposing teams' big man to get out of their comfort zone. This is what makes Pittman one of the toughest players in the state to match up with and why Holmes is so tough to defend..

I have no problem with HC (or any team for that matter) wanting to have a home court advantage. That's why home court rotates, and it's equal for everybody.

But HC has pulled some old tricks to make sure that they have plenty of fans at the game in the past. It may not be pre-sale tickets, but you sure won't see any of the opposing teams' fans standing in the lobby waiting to buy tickets.

A real question about the Cov Holy Cross gym? How does someone in a wheel chair get up to the floor, to watch the game?

I agree with you. Holmes does not have a true big man, but they have Pittman who can play as one from time to time. I don't think we'll see a lot of him in the paint Wednesday because I have seen him get flustered with people bodying him up and I think all three of our bigs will do so, therefore he'll make his way outside.

Pittman is more physical down low than you think. Isler may be able to be physical with him because he's a big boy and doesn't play scared, but no way Wellbrock OR Thelen would be able to handle guarding Pittman. Both would get pushed around down there offensively and defensively and IMO play too timid to guard him.

Pittman really doesn't play outside that much. He wanders out there from time to time but you'll rarely see him take more than 2 or 3 shots from out there. The majority of his damage comes down in the paint.

Covcath gets 4 seed because of the head to head loss to Beechwood.

Holy Cross gets 2 seed because of the head to head win against Beechwood.

Beechwood gets 3 seed because of head to head win over Covcath.

Pretty sure that's how it'd shape up but they could also use a blind draw.

I'd be surprised if this ever happened in case of a 3-way tie.You gave the 2 seed to a team that lost to the 4 seed which lost to the 3 seed.

They'll either go to a draw or they will use some measuring stick like W/L record, victory margin, etc.

I'm not sure what you're asking. If , indeed, it did end up in a 3-way tie you essentially have a coin toss to determine seeds 2, 3, and 4.

That's what I was wondering. If it'd be a draw, coin toss, compare scores, etc. to determine the final seeds.

All becomes moot if Beechwood beats Holy Cross.

I just checked. It is random if there is a 3-way tie.

I thought that was right. It happened in this district for baseball a few years ago. Beechwood got a lucky draw and Holy Cross and CCH had to play each other. I don't like the draw very much.:mad: