Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Counts is a four mostly. Has a horrendous outside shot, but offers some physicality inside. He'll be a nice surge off the bench for a couple minutes, but tends to get out of control and that won't benefit us much vs Holmes.

From what I saw over the summer he had a pretty decent shot, but I haven't seen him recently so I can't comment on that. I think he would be a good option to guard Ricardo with his physicality.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw over the summer he had a pretty decent shot, but I haven't seen him recently so I can't comment on that. I think he would be a good option to guard Ricardo with his physicality.

Yeah I think bringing him in to guard him might be good for a couple of minutes, he is physical. Isn't tall though and he is fast, but out of control. Ricardo would more than likely have his way with him, BUT then again I'm expecting Holmes to be able to handle CovCath all over, so that wouldn't be out of expectation. I'm sure if Counts gets the opportunity he'll give it his all!

Yeah I think bringing him in to guard him might be good for a couple of minutes, he is physical. Isn't tall though and he is fast, but out of control. Ricardo would more than likely have his way with him, BUT then again I'm expecting Holmes to be able to handle CovCath all over, so that wouldn't be out of expectation. I'm sure if Counts gets the opportunity he'll give it his all!

Yea he has heart for the game which is one reason I like his play a lot, but I agree he can get out of control.

lol, Zach doesn't play into kids like that. Pittman wants that to get into Zachs head, but it doesn't work. I think in the end Zach might get into Pittman's head a bit. That being said, I think both will have fine games. But I know Zach is ready/expecting the mouth to run from Pittman; won't be surprised. Thelen and Wellbrock also don't seem to let that stuff into their head.

I'm hoping the lineup looks like:

Ives

Maile

Thelen

Wellbrock

Isler

Doesn't matter how many guards we have in, it doesn't make our guard play better, so why not go with the bigger lineup against a huge lineup lol.

But I know L's style and I'm willing to bet Maschinot or Pauly are starting as opposed to Thelen.

Yea I don't expect it to phase Zach but rather make him laugh.

I think that is going to be the best lineup to go with against Holmes otherwise they're going to get killed on the boards. The only question with Thelen starting though is who will he guard? Both Johnson Brothers will be too quick off the dribble for him and Pittman will be too big and strong. I'd go with that lineup, but like you said, knowing Coach L, it will likely be Mashinot or Pauly. I'm not sure Mashinot is ready for this type of competition yet though. so that could be a problem.

Yea he has heart for the game which is one reason I like his play a lot, but I agree he can get out of control.

I think lately his playing time has gone down, just because of the way Listerman is using more of the big men, and now when he gets in he really uses his minutes and gives quality performance. Beechwood was a good example. I like that.

Counts would be better off guarding D. Johnson/Housely or J.Johnson. Rico would be way too fast for him off the dribble.

Yea I don't expect it to phase Zach but rather make him laugh.

I think that is going to be the best lineup to go with against Holmes otherwise they're going to get killed on the boards. The only question with Thelen starting though is who will he guard? Both Johnson Brothers will be too quick off the dribble for him and Pittman will be too big and strong. I'd go with that lineup, but like you said, knowing Coach L, it will likely be Mashinot or Pauly. I'm not sure Mashinot is ready for this type of competition yet though. so that could be a problem.

I agree. This isn't a game I'd use Maschinot too much in. He is only a sophmore and needs more time to develop. His size is also a limitation in this game, cause the smallest person on the court for Holmes is Riley and he plays bigger to me. But I think we will see him in there, so ready or not here he comes lol. Could be a good learning experience.

Thelen vs. one of the Johnson brothers, probably JJ. And Wellbrock verse Ricardo. Obviously Isler vs Pittman. Don't know, obviously Holmes is just overall faster, but I think thats the best lineup to get in there.

Counts would be better off guarding D. Johnson/Housely or J.Johnson. Rico would be way too fast for him off the dribble.

Well, Rico is going to be to fast for all of Cov Cath unless they start a three guard line up and put Maile on him. It's kind of like picking your poison. :lol:

I agree. This isn't a game I'd use Maschinot too much in. He is only a sophmore and needs more time to develop. His size is also a limitation in this game, cause the smallest person on the court for Holmes is Riley and he plays bigger to me. But I think we will see him in there, so ready or not here he comes lol. Could be a good learning experience.

Thelen vs. one of the Johnson brothers, probably JJ. And Wellbrock verse Ricardo. Obviously Isler vs Pittman. Don't know, obviously Holmes is just overall faster, but I think thats the best lineup to get in there.

I agree. Should be a good learning experience for not only Mashinot but also Thelen, Wilson, Connelly, and Heimbrock. (If the last three play)

I agree. Should be a good learning experience for not only Mashinot but also Thelen, Wilson, Connelly, and Heimbrock. (If the last three play)

If the last three play much then it will be that the game is totally out of control anyways [in Holmes favor] and they will be playing Holmes JV, again for the night ha.

I hope Listerman sticks with using 7 to 8 kids, not draining the bench, unless they are way out of it. Which could happen ha.

Well, Rico is going to be to fast for all of Cov Cath unless they start a three guard line up and put Maile on him. It's kind of like picking your poison. :lol:

I actually think Maile v Rico is the match up we'll see. It really all depends on what Coach L does. Rico may not guard Maile, but I can't see Coach L putting anyone else on Rico other than Maile. After thinking about it, I think we'll probably see this:

Riley v Mashinot, D. Johnson v Ives, J. Johnson v Wellbrock, R. Johnson v Maile, Isler v Pittman.

I'm not too sure what coach L is going to do when Isler isn't in the game. If Pittman gets him in foul trouble, it could be a long night for the Colonels. They really don't have anyone else who can be physical enough around the rim to keep Pittman out of the paint.

If the last three play much then it will be that the game is totally out of control anyways [in Holmes favor] and they will be playing Holmes JV, again for the night ha.

I hope Listerman sticks with using 7 to 8 kids, not draining the bench, unless they are way out of it. Which could happen ha.

I agree.

Is Sorrell not playing much now? I haven't heard him mentioned really at all over the past few Covcath games?