Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I actually think Maile v Rico is the match up we'll see. It really all depends on what Coach L does. Rico may not guard Maile, but I can't see Coach L putting anyone else on Rico other than Maile. After thinking about it, I think we'll probably see this:

Riley v Mashinot, D. Johnson v Ives, J. Johnson v Wellbrock, R. Johnson v Maile, Isler v Pittman.

I'm not too sure what coach L is going to do when Isler isn't in the game. If Pittman gets him in foul trouble, it could be a long night for the Colonels. They really don't have anyone else who can be physical enough around the rim to keep Pittman out of the paint.

I think we'll see those matchups as well and with that said I look for Riley to have a very big night.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll see those matchups as well and with that said I look for Riley to have a very big night.

Riley is the X-factor. If he's hot from outside early, it will force CCH in to panic mode and they'll start throwing up forced shots.

Best game plan for them is to be patient on offense and play inside out.

My dad and I were talking about this. If Holmes is just WAY TOO FAST for them, zone might not be a bad try, but I think it would just open up the inside which would then open up the outside..lol.

I'd be very surprised to see Covcath go to a zone. They'd likely get killed on the offensive glass playing a zone, which is why Coach L hasn't used one in probably the past 5 years against Holmes. I also don't think he wants Riley getting open looks from outside.

I'd be very surprised to see Covcath go to a zone. They'd likely get killed on the offensive glass playing a zone, which is why Coach L hasn't used one in probably the past 5 years against Holmes. I also don't think he wants Riley getting open looks from outside.

Yup and yes Hulk, I agree. I'm sure my father will have us there for the freshman game, :)

Better get there early, and see warm ups!

I don't know if Holmes warm-ups will be as good as earlier in the year. After the Connor game they haven't been doing many dunks since Elijah got a Technical before the game for dunking. I'm not sure if they don't now for good or what, but I watched the HC vs. Holmes game and didn't see any dunks in warm-ups.

Better get there early, and see warm ups!

From what I'm hearing, Holmes is going to bring a pretty big crowd so I'd recommend getting there early as well.

I spoke with someone on the Holmes coaching staff and he recommended I get there early. Possibly at the start of the JV game which is at 6.

I don't know if Holmes warm-ups will be as good as earlier in the year. After the Connor game they haven't been doing many dunks since Elijah got a Technical before the game for dunking. I'm not sure if they don't now for good or what, but I watched the HC vs. Holmes game and didn't see any dunks in warm-ups.

That is depressing. I looked for that to be the most exciting part of the game :laugh:. Maile was pretty impressive at Beechwood though.

I got there right at the 17:00 mark during warm ups and I didn't see any dunks either. I don't think they're allowed to anymore since Eli got t'd up before the Conner game.