Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I agree with this 100% and I am a Holmes fan. I still can't believe Beechwood gave it up last year with their best team in a long time. They would have a next to zero percent chance of beating Holmes at Holmes but maybe a 1 in 50 chance if the game was at Beechwood.

Thank you.:thumb:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't believe some people think that Isler can shut down Pittman. Pittman is way too athletic for Isler to handle. Isler is slow, much too slow to guard Pittman. Maybe he could guard Pittman in the post, but I see Pittman taking him to the basket off the dribble or shooting the three. Look for Pittman to have a big night after coming off a bad game against Holy Cross.

I just can't believe some people think that Isler can shut down Pittman. Pittman is way too athletic for Isler to handle. Isler is slow, much too slow to guard Pittman. Maybe he could guard Pittman in the post, but I see Pittman taking him to the basket off the dribble or shooting the three. Look for Pittman to have a big night after coming off a bad game against Holy Cross.

I don't think people expect him to guard him, just rough him up. Only person on the team who can slow down anyone on Holmes is Maile.

I don't think anyone thinks Isler is superior to Pittman in basketball lol. I think he has the ability to get into Pittman's head, because he doesn't react to the mouth like some players do vs Pittman. [Pittman talks in your ear the whole game].

If Pittman is playing on the wing, then I would venture to say that Isler won't be the one guarding him anyways. Isler typically stays in the paint to guard the interior.

If Pittman is playing on the wing, then I would venture to say that Isler won't be the one guarding him anyways. Isler typically stays in the paint to guard the interior.

Holmes is blessed to have an offense that doesn't need an interior player. They can open up the post and have 5 guys that can shoot, penetrate, and dish. I'm not sure CCH has an answer for that lineup.

Holmes is blessed to have an offense that doesn't need an interior player. They can open up the post and have 5 guys that can shoot, penetrate, and dish. I'm not sure CCH has an answer for that lineup.

I agree with you. Holmes does not have a true big man, but they have Pittman who can play as one from time to time. I don't think we'll see a lot of him in the paint Wednesday because I have seen him get flustered with people bodying him up and I think all three of our bigs will do so, therefore he'll make his way outside.

I personally think it will come down to CCH and HC as the 3 and 4 seed. Loser of that game will likely get Holmes in the first round. Beechwood has already assured themself of no worse than a 3 seed even if they lose to Holy Cross. I see it playing out like this:

1. Holmes

2. Beechwood

3. Covcath

4. Holy Cross

Others obviously will disagree but Covcath-Holy Cross will decide the #3 and #4 seed.

Say Holy Cross beats Beechwood and loses to CCH, what happens?

So then Beechwood hasn't locked up anything and could still play the bulldawgs.

If the 3-way tie scenario comes about then I'd say its a possibility. There is no statewide rule on how to use tiebreakers. Each district can use whatever they want.

I think the tie scenario could definitely happen. Holy Cross' style of play will really give Beechwood fits in my opinion. They like to get out and push it and play pressure D and thrive in an uptempo game. Holy Cross will slow it down, take care of the ball, and play good defense.