Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

How has Pittman fared this year from 3? Seems like he is not shooting as well as he did last year.

Hopefully not well tonight. Outside of tonight's game, I really hope he lights it up. As for how he has done thus far, in the games I saw him, he was average on them. He can definitely shoot the ball, but is not an outstanding 3 pt shooter. ETA can probably give you more detail about it, lol..

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully not well tonight. Outside of tonight's game, I really hope he lights it up. As for how he has done thus far, in the games I saw him, he was average on them. He can definitely shoot the ball, but is not an outstanding 3 pt shooter. ETA can probably give you more detail about it, lol..

I'd agree. He has had an average, at best, shot from beyond the arc this year. He's still adjusting to the big growth spurt. 5-15 feet has been where he's been most consistent and done his most damage.

Ouch lol, I LIED. 24% is worse than I thought. I still think Pittman is freaking great, but man I hope he shoots threes tonight like that ha.

And where did you get this info about the zone? Although I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed...

From a TINY birdy that sent me a text message earlier today...:sssh:;)

lol nice.

Well good, I'm glad. I think zone might be a better idea for them.

If CCH can keep Holmes off the offensive glass it will be a great game plan. Only problem with the zone is having Riley taking shots from outside all night could get them out of it real quick.

Zone is only way to keep Holmes from driving the lane though, so I'm guessing Listerman is thinking he's going to force Holmes to beat them from outside.

If CCH can keep Holmes off the offensive glass it will be a great game plan. Only problem with the zone is having Riley taking shots from outside all night could get them out of it real quick.

Zone is only way to keep Holmes from driving the lane though, so I'm guessing Listerman is thinking he's going to force Holmes to beat them from outside.

mhm. I think it's probably the best way to go.

Yea..I was telling TINY that with Masch running the show tonight, Listerman should hope that Holmes doesn't start pressing because it could get bad quick.

lol, I know we don't have any other option at point right now, but I just don't think he's ready for it. I'd rather sees Ives and Maile up there with the ball ya know? I don't see Holmes doing too much pressing though.

http://preps.cincinnati.com/playerStats.aspx?sp=100&pid=62807&b=1&y=2008

According to that, Pittman is 9-38 from outside. (24%)

BTW, expect to see Covcath come out in a zone tonight to start the game.....

You could be right.

I was thinking more along the lines of how do you guard him in a man D. At 24%, I'd back off and see if he can make more than one from out there.

As you know the challenge with the zone is not the first shot, its the offensive rebounds that come with it. If you don't go looking for a body to block out, its a high chance there will be a stick back.

With that said, I think we'll still see mainly man.

You could be right.

I was thinking more along the lines of how do you guard him in a man D. At 24%, I'd back off and see if he can make more than one from out there.

As you know the challenge with the zone is not the first shot, its the offensive rebounds that come with it. If you don't go looking for a body to block out, its a high chance there will be a stick back.

With that said, I think we'll still see mainly man.

I agree with not going on out him and see if he can make one or two first. If not, let him shoot it ya know? That is probably how Isler would guard him anyways, watching his man in the games, he watches the paint.

I think if CovCath comes out in zone [which I'm almost positive they will] and it works, we'll see it the whole time. Holmes is too fast for man for us.

Also agree on putbacks though. PUT A BUTT ON SOMEONE. lol