Holmes v Covington Catholic (1/14)

Who wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that Beechwood gave up there right/privilege to host the tourney last year to Holmes and thus it's Cov Holy Cross turn this year.

If I remember correctly, there was even a thread about how the Beechwood football team and or the administration would never ever allow a playoff football game not to be hosted by Beechwood but since it was just basketball well......

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a man come up to me in Frischs last night and first tell me that he was bipolar, and that Coach Listerman taught him in the 7th Grade at St. Thomas. . . ? Completely random.

He then asked me, "Could Covington Catholic beat Holmes this year?"

To which I replied, "Not a Chance."

I agree. Districts at Holy Cross is a joke. No seating, it will be VERY hot, and unless you get there an hour before the game, you won't get in.

Don't forget to mention that Holy Cross will sell tickets to Holy Cross fans all day long, but only to the general public about an hour before gametime.

If you're playing Holy Cross in the district tournament at Holy Cross, you'll see a line out the door and around the corner before the opposing team even arrives.

I had a man come up to me in Frischs last night and first tell me that he was bipolar, and that Coach Listerman taught him in the 7th Grade at St. Thomas. . . ? Completely random.

Was he suggesting some cause and effect? ;)

Just kidding.

Ew so the districts ARE at Holy Cross? They should seriously consider moving it. I know they won't, but still. That is ridiculous. No one will get in lol.

I am one who thinks the 35th District should be played at Thomas More every year. Great parking, college floor (there is a big difference), more seating than Beechwood, Cov Holy Cross, and as much as CovCath and it is a neutral floor. Granted there is more seating at Holmes, but there is no parking (none, zip, zero) at Holmes, so even though you can get in, it takes forever to find a place to park....

Riley is the X-factor. If he's hot from outside early, it will force CCH in to panic mode and they'll start throwing up forced shots.

Best game plan for them is to be patient on offense and play inside out.

Isn't this the same game plan Holy Cross used that got chastised on here?

Don't forget to mention that Holy Cross will sell tickets to Holy Cross fans all day long, but only to the general public about an hour before gametime.

If you're playing Holy Cross in the district tournament at Holy Cross, you'll see a line out the door and around the corner before the opposing team even arrives.

That statement is not true at all. There has never been pre-sale tickets at HC before district games. It is the same at any other gym you get in line and wait to get in except their gym is a lot smaller. Can you blame them for wanting to have a home court advantage when usually playing either the one or two seed in first round of districts. The only other solution IMO would be to move it to a neutral court EVERY YEAR, since I see it as unfair for one team to have home court advantage year in and year out.

Riley is the X-factor. If he's hot from outside early, it will force CCH in to panic mode and they'll start throwing up forced shots.

Best game plan for them is to be patient on offense and play inside out.

Lol but this is ETA's basketball knowledge coming through... not his undying love for the Bulldogs.

That statement is not true at all. There has never been pre-sale tickets at HC before district games. It is the same at any other gym you get in line and wait to get in except their gym is a lot smaller. Can you blame them for wanting to have a home court advantage when usually playing either the one or two seed in first round of districts. The only other solution IMO would be to move it to a neutral court EVERY YEAR, since I see it as unfair for one team to have home court advantage year in and year out.

I agree with this 100% and I am a Holmes fan. I still can't believe Beechwood gave it up last year with their best team in a long time. They would have a next to zero percent chance of beating Holmes at Holmes but maybe a 1 in 50 chance if the game was at Beechwood.

Ew so the districts ARE at Holy Cross? They should seriously consider moving it. I know they won't, but still. That is ridiculous. No one will get in lol.

Get there early!!!! There will be no pre sale tickets. They have never done that. You just have to get there early!!!!!!!!!!!