Coach Tony P out at Campbell Co

I will suggest one thing about the CCHS circumstance. I know the basketball coach made a public issue with the volleyball coach about the volleyball coach only committing to volleyball, which turned out to not be true. I know it was claimed but never corrected after the claim was turned out to be false.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see the Old Guard of Campbell County is out in full force. This coach had a problem. He was not in the fold of the athletic crowd. It is a joke to send this coach walking but still keep the girls basketball coach. I wonder if one of the mothers on the team who is a teacher in the system stabbed the coach in the back. She has a history of that.

:laugh:

I know the basketball coach made a public issue with the volleyball coach about the volleyball coach only committing to volleyball, .

Admittedly, I'm an outsider. What does the above mean? What else would the v-ball coach commit to?

Other than Boone, which they should play, this is hardly a "Murderer's Row" of 9th & 10th region teams to date; much less "best of the 9th & 10th almost nightly"??

Dec 1, '07 Dayton Campbell County 67 - 39 (W)

Dec 3, '07 Holmes Holmes 55 - 62 (L)

Dec 8, '07 Bishop Brossart Campbell County 53 - 57 (L)

Dec 10, '07 Deming Deming 75 - 41 (W)

Dec 20, '07 Pendleton County Campbell County 68 - 47 (W)

Dec 27, '07 Knox Central George Rogers Clark 74 - 45 (W) Lady Cardinal Classic

Dec 28, '07 George Rogers Clark George Rogers Clark 46 - 54 (L) Lady Cardinal Classic

Dec 29, '07 Lawrence County George Rogers Clark 73 - 60 (W) Lady Cardinal Classic

Dec 30, '07 Wayne County George Rogers Clark 45 - 76 (L) Lady Cardinal Classic

Jan 4, '08 Boone County Campbell County 47 - 54 (L)

Jan 8, '08 Bracken County Campbell County 38 - 45 (L)

Jan 10, '08 St. Patrick Campbell County 52 - 39 (W)

The play in the largest division of the NKAC, so they are playing the largest schools in NKY. Included in that is Holmes and Boone County, two of the top 9th region teams.

They also have not ducked anyone in the 10th. Mason County was on the schedule but snowed out. With the latest rankings of the 10th region coaches association, that gives them two games versus the top 3 teams in the tenth region. Add in Brossart who is one of the top programs in the 10th.

Coach Cravens has very little flexibility with his scheduling choices given he is required to participate in the NKAC.

Add in Wayne County from the tournament and that is 6 games against quality opponents out of 12 opponents. Of the other games, two were against former district rivals. Seems it fits the description of "best of the 9th & 10th almost nightly"??

Noticed the poster used the descriptive word "almost."

Last time I checked in Kentucky you answer to your site base council and the principal. I do not think the AD has any power what so ever except to pay bills and schedule games. Especiall at Campbell County!!!! Wait maybe that leader is gone now I think......

How do you know he wasn't told the reason? Do you have an inside track?

Anyway, your opinion, and I just don't agree with it - There is a difference between High school and NKJV - You answer to the AD - and he didn't have the answers - I"m sure he is aware of the reasons - and no need for anyone else to know.

Last time I checked in Kentucky you answer to your site base council and the principal. I do not think the AD has any power what so ever except to pay bills and schedule games. Especiall at Campbell County!!!! Wait maybe that leader is gone now I think......

THey answer to the Principal in most cases because the 3 teachers on the SBDM usually fall in line with the Principal if they want to keep a good working relationship with him and unfortunately the 2 parent reps on the SBDM don't usually know what they are allowed to be privy to or what power they may have and most principals that I have know aren't going to share that info with the parents reps. Principals view SBDMs as just a necessary evil that they would prefer not to deal with or at least thats the way it is in a great many schools I have dealt with or observed. Some of the ADs that I have encountered can't even decided to pay the bills or schedule games as you suggest until they ask the principal. Some of the ADs I know can't even hire a coach in a reasonable amount of time because they have to wait for the principal to give the go ahead to start the interviewing process something like 7 months down the road when most of the applicants who applied don't even remember sending in a resume. That way they can usually hire someone that will be a good puppet and do what he is told. Who suffers? The kids and the adults playing their games don't care..Sorry for getting off topic a bit but situations like this frustrate me.

Good luck to the coach and most of all to the kids in CCHS VB program.

There is always 2 sides to every story and I don't think anyone besides the AD and Tony know the full story. People who support Tony will believe his side of the story and the people who support the AD will believe his side.

Also didn't Tony make it well aware to everyone within the volleyball community that he was going to be the new Oak Hills volleyball coach? Why would a school want to keep a coach when they are telling people this.