Coach Tony P out at Campbell Co

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether he inherited a good team or not, he had three very successful seasons. There are other coaches in NKY that have inherited good teams and the success did not continue in those respective programs.

Coach P had three good years - he made it to state one year and to the regional finals. Not many coaches have accomplished that in three years.

Every program is going to have players and parents that have their issues with the coach. It is a difficult job and you can not please everyone.

Whether he inherited a good team or not, he had three very successful seasons. There are other coaches in NKY that have inherited good teams and the success did not continue in those respective programs.

Coach P had three good years - he made it to state one year and to the regional finals. Not many coaches have accomplished that in three years.

Every program is going to have players and parents that have their issues with the coach. It is a difficult job and you can not please everyone.

Amen!

• 2 weeks later...
Coach P did a great job with that program. Any program in Northern KY would be lucky to have him! Congratulations on a good run at CCHS Coach!

Gallatin County's spot is open (The formder coach stepped down). A bit of a drive but................

Coach P was always helpful with me, interviews and such. Sad to see him leave the Lady Camels

No love lost here, he never supported the Camel Athletic Programs. He could not make an Awards Banquet one year. He inherited a good team, and if he made a statement about leaving, he got his just do.
Yeah and on top of all that he was an NCC alum .:eek:

I believe the Camels will see exactly what he meant to their volleyball program when next season rolls around. Any word on a replacement?

I disagree with you here. Like someone said he inherited some great players. He already stated that he was leaving after this year. He knew when to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, lots of crazy comments going back and forth and I am late getting in on this one.

1) I don't understand what is meant by doesn't know the difference between (NKJV) or any Club volleyball and High School. You still have a boss or two and you still bottom line have parents to answer to in the end regardless if it is Club volleyball or HS. Parents are going to go to the AD or Club Directors with any issues.

2) Missed an Banquet? I was told Coach Pfeffer had a commitment with his teaching job. So he arranged to get the volleyball team together another night so he could be present???

3) Coach Pfeffer did inherit talent at CC but it is what you are able to do with talent that tells the story on you. In 3 years, 2 Regional Runners-up and 1 State Tournament appearance, not a bad resume.

4) Yes I understand that word got out that coach Pfeffer was probably not coming back which should not have happened but I also heard the JV coach was the one spreading the word around.

5) Oak Hills new coach :). I don't know where that one came from but I know the Oak Hills coach is not stepping down so I don't know where that one is coming from.

6) Bottom line coaching is a difficult and stressful job at any school. You can't please everyone, the parents thats kids are playing are happy and usually quiet, the ones that aren't playing are your detractors. I take my hat off to all HS coaches, some can take the heat and some can't. It takes special people that can put up with the pressure.

I am sure Coach Pfeffer will land on his feet somewhere when he is ready. Hopefully sooner than later.