Coach Tony P out at Campbell Co

Hired 3 years ago by than AD Joe Roberts[we miss ya Joe] to turn around the once dominating Volleyball program at the County.Heres what he did in the 3 years.

Regional champioship and 8th in state tournament.Two regional runners up.Two Cake Classic winners in three years.Doubled the number of girls playing club ball.Helped change the configuration of the high school gym's setup for two courts.Returned the Camels into one of the top 10 or 15 programs in the state.

This is what he got in return.

None to little cooperation from the current AD.Tried for two years to host a tournament but was denied by the same idiot.Was told on numerous occations that he had to share or give up gym time when it rained and the soccer team needed the gym.I could go on and on.

He gets a letter in the mail from the same idiot that his "services were no longer needed".No phone call,no exit interview and no reason given for his services no longer needed.

Now why would anyone want to coach at the County with that kind of lack of respect from the same idiot? I'm still trying to figure out why he is there.:confused:

They'll miss you coach P but you left behind a goldmine and all your former players still love ya.:thumb:If he shows up where I think he might look out.:scared:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that Tony was one of the best coaches in the area. He has done tremendous things with Campbell County and it's a shame that it wasn't appreciated.

As stated, Tony helped increase the programs participation in club ball and fan support. I can't imagine what would make the school go in another direction. Certainly not meant as a slam on any of the other CC sports programs, but the volleyball program may have been the best performing and most competitive of the schools sports.

Good luch Tony wherever you end up.

Llikeable guy, but he seemed to confuse coaching NKJV with coaching high school volleyball. There is quite a difference when you are responsible to a school system, parents, and other activities involved with that sport.

Also I believe he inherited an incredible amount of talent when he first became coach at CCHS, and many experienced players with a lot of talent and spirit. Several younger players and parents were not at all happy with his desire to COACH those who did not play NKJV.

I'm sure tha AD had a valid reason for his decision.

Llikeable guy, but he seemed to confuse coaching NKJV with coaching high school volleyball. There is quite a difference when you are responsible to a school system, parents, and other activities involved with that sport.

Also I believe he inherited an incredible amount of talent when he first became coach at CCHS, and many experienced players with a lot of talent and spirit. Several younger players and parents were not at all happy with his desire to COACH those who did not play NKJV.

I'm sure tha AD had a valid reason for his decision.

Sorry I don't agree.Not much difference between coaching high school and club.Your responsible to the Club,parents and players.:confused: As far as inheriting the talent.Well yes their was talent there but it wasn't close to being utilized and he came in right away and played to win not to satisfy parents.As far as "COACH" goes that makes no sense at all since he had girls from 2 different clubs.Again if there was a valid reason the AD should have the courtesy to let him know.:rolleyes:

How do you know he wasn't told the reason? Do you have an inside track?

Anyway, your opinion, and I just don't agree with it - There is a difference between High school and NKJV - You answer to the AD - and he didn't have the answers - I"m sure he is aware of the reasons - and no need for anyone else to know.

Sounds rather unfortunate and it is always bad when your AD doesn't know how to run a schools Athletic Dept. or even worse doesn't care that someone is doing a good job or is maybe even jealous of that coaches success. I've seen it happen at other places.

Best of luck coach. I have no doubt you will land on your feet.

How do you know he wasn't told the reason? Do you have an inside track?

Anyway, your opinion, and I just don't agree with it - There is a difference between High school and NKJV - You answer to the AD - and he didn't have the answers - I"m sure he is aware of the reasons - and no need for anyone else to know.

Dude you don't have a clue so leave it at that.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure you do either, so just leave it at that - 2 different opinions, of which we are both entitled to have.

Great to see the Old Guard of Campbell County is out in full force. This coach had a problem. He was not in the fold of the athletic crowd. It is a joke to send this coach walking but still keep the girls basketball coach. I wonder if one of the mothers on the team who is a teacher in the system stabbed the coach in the back. She has a history of that.

I don't attend a lot of the volleyball games, but I do attend basketball games and Coach Cravens is a fine coach. I don't believe you should be comparing the performance of two different sports when deciding on getting rid of or retaining a coach. Coach Cravens is put into the most undesirable of spots of playing the best of the 9th and the best of the 10th almost nightly. Him and his staff always have the team prepared to be competitive and ready to play. If, which it seems, you have a personal problem with Coach Cravens don't come on here whining about it.

I don't attend a lot of the volleyball games' date=' but I do attend basketball games and Coach Cravens is a fine coach. I don't believe you should be comparing the performance of two different sports when deciding on getting rid of or retaining a coach. [b']Coach Cravens is put into the most undesirable of spots of playing the best of the 9th and the best of the 10th almost nightly.[/b] Him and his staff always have the team prepared to be competitive and ready to play. If, which it seems, you have a personal problem with Coach Cravens don't come on here whining about it.

Other than Boone, which they should play, this is hardly a "Murderer's Row" of 9th & 10th region teams to date; much less "best of the 9th & 10th almost nightly"??

Dec 1, '07 Dayton Campbell County 67 - 39 (W)

Dec 3, '07 Holmes Holmes 55 - 62 (L)

Dec 8, '07 Bishop Brossart Campbell County 53 - 57 (L)

Dec 10, '07 Deming Deming 75 - 41 (W)

Dec 20, '07 Pendleton County Campbell County 68 - 47 (W)

Dec 27, '07 Knox Central George Rogers Clark 74 - 45 (W) Lady Cardinal Classic

Dec 28, '07 George Rogers Clark George Rogers Clark 46 - 54 (L) Lady Cardinal Classic

Dec 29, '07 Lawrence County George Rogers Clark 73 - 60 (W) Lady Cardinal Classic

Dec 30, '07 Wayne County George Rogers Clark 45 - 76 (L) Lady Cardinal Classic

Jan 4, '08 Boone County Campbell County 47 - 54 (L)

Jan 8, '08 Bracken County Campbell County 38 - 45 (L)

Jan 10, '08 St. Patrick Campbell County 52 - 39 (W)

I don't attend a lot of the volleyball games' date=' but I do attend basketball games and Coach Cravens is a fine coach. I don't believe you should be comparing the performance of two different sports when deciding on getting rid of or retaining a coach. Coach Cravens is put into the most undesirable of spots of playing the best of the 9th and the best of the 10th almost nightly. Him and his staff always have the team prepared to be competitive and ready to play. If, which it seems, you have a personal problem with Coach Cravens don't come on here whining about it.[/quote']

So posters should only post positive thoughts on this site? Great, I wonder when it will shut down due to lack of activity. If the poster has an issue to comment about the coach, why would you suggest he or she not post? I always wonder why it is OK to call to task the 1)lack of effort of student athletes, 2) lack of dedication of student athletes, 3) the prima donna problems of student athletes, etc. but suggesting something less than great for a coach is not warranted? Uh, OK, sure.:creepy::sleep: