Houston 82 UK 69

youknowme

We can sit here and make excuses of players not playing to there potential and how some are injured... But UK still isnt good enough at full strength to be successful in the SEC and go to the NCAA tournament.

At full strength with Jasper and everyone they are a pretty solid basketball team. Without them, they are pretty much below average.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK will be fine, they will most likely make the tourney and grow up by the end of the year. If you remember a few years ago UK started out like 3-5 in 2000-2001 and that team turned out just fine as this one will you just have to give them time to heal up and get better. If they finish strong the selection committee will pick them if nothing else for rating if they can get themselves to 20 wins.

I had to think it over, but here are my thoughts:

1) Nice to see some heart out of Crawford

2) Hate is a strong word, so I will say that I greatly despise Tubby Smith for what he's done to Kentucky basketball

3) Meeks is obviously a big piece of the puzzle; but there's no way he's playing that many minutes tonight

4) Why is Gillispie always smiling?

5) This is the worst UK team I've ever watched

6) I remember lying in my bedroom floor, when I was growing up, listening to Cawood Ledford's play-by-play. I bled blue and wouldn't miss a game for the world. The players gave maximum effort, even though they were short on talent (Reggie Hanson, Derrick Miller, Farmer, Feldhaus, Ford, Woods, etc. etc.). Whatever happened to that team and that atmosphere? Tubby, can you answer that question for us?

One positive that I can say is how the Cats never quit and made a run late in the game to make it "remotely respectable" anyway. We got our butts kicked again tonight by a better basketball team, plain and simple.

Patterson was out and we did miss him greatly, I was impressed with Meeks in his 1st game back and a person could tell it was his first back in a while. He has not got his "basketball legs" back as far as going full speed for any length of time, JMO. I hope that when he went down during that scramble for the balll that nothing comes of that. I just held my breath when he got up limping the way he was and went out of the game. Hopefully it will not lead to another stretch with him out. Crawford looked better tonight, at least I didn't come off the chair calling him a lazy bum. I thiought that he gave very good effort/hustle.

Our rebounding at best was pathetic tonight, I did not see ayone "blocking out" at all ...basic basketball fundamentals :irked: I don't know how many turnovers that we had but it was a lot, way too many. IMO the lack of rebounding and the Cats turnovers lost this game for us tonight.

Houston imo definately should be ranked, they have pretty good basketball team.

I am not giving up on this team and will stick by them, imo that is what a real fan does. I hope that all the fans will as well and not go jumping off the bandwagon. Like I always have said, go ahead and leave if you want ....just don't come back when they are winning.

Oh well, I have rambled on too much and am ticked off, I hate to lose. On to Saturday afternoon and Tenn. Tech at Rupp.