Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 82 UK 69

Featured Replies

What more can be said, they are struggling right now. You would think the next 3 games are easy W's before going into the game against UL.

 

Is anything going to be that easy for this team?

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He hit your minute "quota" at the half. If you were calling the shots and sat him, you'd see the fun :rolleyes: of the life as the UK coach.

 

When your best available player can play, you keep the guy on the court.

 

Next...

 

Just one more thing...:D

 

 

Since he played in the 2nd half you're saying you couldn't see fatigue? Even at the end he had no jump in his shot. No reason to leave him in that long. It's like playin with fire, eventually you're gonna get burnt and luckily UK dodged that with Meeks tonight. IMO it was selfish to keep him in as long as they did. It was one game, and if that tumble would have taken him out then he'd probably be out the whole season. There is still the whole SEC to play and I'd much rather have him for those games then for this one game against Houston!

How come BCG didn't know of PPats ankle and neither did the staff it sounds like? Is it true he went through warm ups?

I can't imagine Penders was happy with the blow-by that he got from BCG.

 

He does that to everyone...after games.

It was no secret BCG isn't even close to Tubby's level of X's and O's.

 

I think OTS is a very good coach, but his last two years of X'in and O'in left a lot to be desired.

It is nice to watch us execute an inbounds play under our basket. It is nice to see guys moving on offense.

Tubby even struggled in the end with getting guys in free throw lane position, ala Sheray in SEC Tourney and filling out a scorebook ala Dwight Perry not Bobby Perry.

Tubby jumped ship at the right time. I wonder if Billy G. still likes his decision to come here. Does anyone else think Billy doesn't really shoot straight during interviews.

Tubby left on his own accord, true enough but he was ran out of town by fans and imo not a solid enough endorsement by Barnhart. Also, Tubby's wife (Donna) was experiencing health problems due to all the bashing, name calling, etc.. A person can only imagine what she heard when she was out. Should someone want to blast a coach, that s fine but leave his wife/famly out of it, People that go to that level are the definition of a classless jerk!

I can't imagine Penders was happy with the blow-by that he got from BCG.

I noticed that as well, I thought that BCG was going to knock him down with that "bump" as they walked by.

Classic Wireman blame it on Tubby. :lol: You wanted him out and no you can't accept what we have. I will tell you one thing this team isn't 4-5 with Tubby as the coach.

 

:thumb: I would say 7-2 or 6-3. That is not a statement to bash BCG, I think that he is an excellent coach. The only question that I would have about him is that if he truly knew what he was getting into and all that goes along with te U.K. basketbll coaching job. I fully support him.

I just crack up at the ones blaming Tubby. By the way, Tubby started out this season with a team that had far less talent than what was here at U.K. (before the injuries), he is 7-1 and we are 4-5 and have the first 4 game losing streak at U.K. in 18 years so I don't think that Tubby bashing or "Tubby excuses" is working out to well....:D JMO

I am convinced that if U.K. should lose a basketball game 10 years from now it will still be Tubby's fault.:lol:

I didn't expect a win, but when Patterson was ruled out...then I knew there was trouble. No one to matchup with Houston and no one to rebound.

Cougs ripped UK on offensive glass and converted off of turnovers.

 

One thing I think is apparant, you might as well throw Carter to the wolves, because Coury will eventually show you why he is a walkon.

 

Bradley sat because of his failure to communicate on defense. They were supposed to switch on screens he didn't...and he didnt get them in to man offense. That is why he sat.

 

Good to see Meeks out there...gutty effort.

 

Crawford showed some guile.

 

As much as this season is stinking, it is going to be interesting to see how this season plays out.

I think they will be 7-6 heading into conference play.

 

The personnel on this team is subpar and the talent they have is flawed to a point.

 

Not a single solitary soul that can rebound other than Patterson.

 

Glad to see BCG get a tech...beats the "stare and stomp".

UK fans are a tough bunch. First we can't stand Tubby grinding it out barely beating schools we should be by 20. Miss too many good recruits, don't go anywhere tourney time... now we are struggling with a new coach who clearly needs a few years to get "his" guys in there and now we want Tubby back?

 

I hope BCG rides it out until 09-10.

Classic Wireman blame it on Tubby. :lol: You wanted him out and no you can't accept what we have. I will tell you one thing this team isn't 4-5 with Tubby as the coach.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

Tubby left on his own accord, true enough but he was ran out of town by fans and imo not a solid enough endorsement by Barnhart. Also, Tubby's wife (Donna) was experiencing health problems due to all the bashing, name calling, etc.. A person can only imagine what she heard when she was out. Should someone want to blast a coach, that s fine but leave his wife/famly out of it, People that go to that level are the definition of a classless jerk!

 

I noticed that as well, I thought that BCG was going to knock him down with that "bump" as they walked by.

 

 

:thumb: I would say 7-2 or 6-3. That is not a statement to bash BCG, I think that he is an excellent coach. The only question that I would have about him is that if he truly knew what he was getting into and all that goes along with te U.K. basketbll coaching job. I fully support him.

I just crack up at the ones blaming Tubby. By the way, Tubby started out this season with a team that had far less talent than what was here at U.K. (before the injuries), he is 7-1 and we are 4-5 and have the first 4 game losing streak at U.K. in 18 years so I don't think that Tubby bashing or "Tubby excuses" is working out to well....:D JMO

I am convinced that if U.K. should lose a basketball game 10 years from now it will still be Tubby's fault.:lol:

You know Donna had her demons too dont you.

Ever hear the story of her roaring into the UK lockerroom in Tuscaloosa and yelling at the players?

Tubby's team would have likely beaten GW but would have lost twice in NYC.

I say 6-5...7-4. At best...but this cleansing is best for all parties.

I think OTS is a very good coach, but his last two years of X'in and O'in left a lot to be desired.

It is nice to watch us execute an inbounds play under our basket. It is nice to see guys moving on offense.

Tubby even struggled in the end with getting guys in free throw lane position, ala Sheray in SEC Tourney and filling out a scorebook ala Dwight Perry not Bobby Perry.

 

Have you seen any Minnesota highlights or a game of theirs this season? All that I have seen in highlights and one game televised is that team running a very good offensive sets - setting screens - coming off screens, eversing the ball and hitting the open man with a pass, etc.. Also I definately saw his team/kids blockiong out on the bords and playing very good defense, help defense and picking people up when someone was beat. Tubby's teams always play with these qualities imo. I believe the instances that you were referring to in the last couple of years were due most if not all of players attitudes. I supported Tubby and still do as I also fully support BCG.

Minnesota is far from "loaded" by anyones stretch of the imagination. What they are doing is executing Tubby's system, actually listening to their coach and busting their butts and leaving it all on the floor for him and are 7-1 at the present time when they only won 9 games all of last season.

 

Anyway, and I am guilty of it as well .....there is way too much talk about OTS on this U.K. thread. I will try to keep it (Tubby talk) out of U.K. threads in the future.

You know Donna had her demons too dont you.

Ever hear the story of her roaring into the UK lockerroom in Tuscaloosa and yelling at the players?

Tubby's team would have likely beaten GW but would have lost twice in NYC.

I say 6-5...7-4. At best...but this cleansing is best for all parties.

 

I would say that you are right, the way things were getting it was time for all to move on. :thumb:

Have you seen any Minnesota highlights or a game of theirs this season? All that I have seen in highlights and one game televised is that team running a very good offensive sets - setting screens - coming off screens, eversing the ball and hitting the open man with a pass, etc.. Also I definately saw his team/kids blockiong out on the bords and playing very good defense, help defense and picking people up when someone was beat. Tubby's teams always play with these qualities imo. I believe the instances that you were referring to in the last couple of years were due most if not all of players attitudes. I supported Tubby and still do as I also fully support BCG.

Minnesota is far from "loaded" by anyones stretch of the imagination. What they are doing is executing Tubby's system, actually listening to their coach and busting their butts and leaving it all on the floor for him and are 7-1 at the present time when they only won 9 games all of last season.

 

Anyway, and I am guilty of it as well .....there is way too much talk about OTS on this U.K. thread. I will try to keep it (Tubby talk) out of U.K. threads in the future.

 

Tubby has alays done pretty well with other coaches players.

Tulsa, Georgia and Kentucky.

UK's offense last year was horrid. Their inbounds plays were evn worse. How many times out of timeouts did the get 5 second calls?

So what is the big issue?

Players. Who recruited these kids to UK? Next...he recruited them and didnt get the job done over the last few years.

I am fully behind BCG...if after 2-3 years and there is not significant improvement then they need to move on...

I guarantee you Tubby's team would have quit after Houston's run tonight, as they did so often over the last few years.

Is this roster worse than the 0-16 Big 12 team Gillispie took over at A&M????

  • Author
Tubby has alays done pretty well with other coaches players.

Tulsa, Georgia and Kentucky.

UK's offense last year was horrid. Their inbounds plays were evn worse. How many times out of timeouts did the get 5 second calls?

So what is the big issue?

Players. Who recruited these kids to UK? Next...he recruited them and didnt get the job done over the last few years.

I am fully behind BCG...if after 2-3 years and there is not significant improvement then they need to move on...

I guarantee you Tubby's team would have quit after Houston's run tonight, as they did so often over the last few years.

 

So if UK goes 17-13 like Tulsa did the year Tubbs took over & then 15-14 the next year, it will be a "pretty well" season & next season for BCG & company?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.