Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 82 UK 69

Featured Replies

I turned off the ballgame at the beginning of the 2nd half and decided to watch my newly purchased Superbad DVD. A good decision I think, considering I at least got some pleasure out of watching it. Watching UK play basketball offers nothing in the way of a reward. This team stinks, and I'm no longer going to make myself mad by watching them.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meeks played great in the 1st half. I wish we had Patterson tonight, but it's refreshing to see Jodie back on the court playing well. With a full squad, or with everyone except Jasper, Kentucky can compete.

 

I'd like to see Jared Carter play more. A lot more. Coury is terrible; although Carter hasn't shown much, he is active & big. He played well tonight. Put him & Patterson in together and I think we could develop a decent post game. Patterson is that good and at 7'2'' with decent hands Carter can cause a lot of problems. I think they could work very well together (ala Erik Daniels & Chuck Hayes).

 

It was good to see some fire from Crawford & Gillispie tonight.

 

I want to see this team at full strength. I can't give up on them just yet...it's been frustrating, but I have a hard time believing we're this bad. But then again, I did the same thing with the Bengals. :irked:

The intentional on Joe was pretty weak I think. I've seen WAAAAAAAY worse. Take the best rebounder away from a team that already isn't very good at it and this is what you get. Get our best guard back, lose our best big man... man that's tough. Why Coury and Porter continue to play is beyond me. Carter and Stewart should have ALL of Coury's minutes and we now have enough guards to not watch Porter travel every time he touches the ball. BCG, I am behind you, but c'mon, you can't continue to play these guys. With Meeks and Patterson healthy this team will be decent.

So if UK goes 17-13 like Tulsa did the year Tubbs took over & then 15-14 the next year, it will be a "pretty well" season & next season for BCG & company?

 

I think he's talking about Tubby at Minnesota winning with someone elses players. It wears me out people taking up for Tubby he is the reason we are where we are. I agree with LABS, how many times in the last 2 years did we get 5 second calls on out of bounds plays after a timeout? I liked Tubby, but he took none of his assistants with him, had he made changes here we would have been better, and that is part of the reason he's doing well at Minnesota. He knew a couple of his assistants needed to go, but didn't have the guts to cut them lose. So quit taking up for Tubby. Enjoy him being at Minnesota, I am.

Tough loss for the Cats, but they did show some signs of life.

 

I loved Crawford's effort. He wanted the ball, and I think did pretty well with it.

 

Meeks also looked good, but obviously not in game shape. I have no problem with BCG keeping him in though. He went down with cramps, not suprising given this was his first game back. If he gets hurt in February are people gonna say BCG shouldn't have been playing him?

 

I think not having PP REALLY hurt. Anyone know his status going forward?

 

Also, anyone know what Bradley did? Seems like BCG has a revolving dog house. I do like that he doesn't back down from the players though. It hurts now, but it could pay some big dividends down the road.

A positive: Jared Carter was active. He had no one he could guard due to their size but his effort was good. We can work with that.

If we have to work with that we are in bigger trouble than anyone could ever imagine. I dont think he could start for Georgetown...And I dont mean the Hoyas.

If we have to work with that we are in bigger trouble than anyone could ever imagine. I dont think he could start for Georgetown...And I dont mean the Hoyas.

 

AGREE!!!

 

I got one word for you... nevermind 2 words

 

WE STINK!

I was flipping back and forth between UK...Biggest Loser.....UK.....Biggest Loser.....UK......Biggest Loser,,,,until they seemed to be one and the same.

I think he's talking about Tubby at Minnesota winning with someone elses players. It wears me out people taking up for Tubby he is the reason we are where we are. I agree with LABS, how many times in the last 2 years did we get 5 second calls on out of bounds plays after a timeout? I liked Tubby, but he took none of his assistants with him, had he made changes here we would have been better, and that is part of the reason he's doing well at Minnesota. He knew a couple of his assistants needed to go, but didn't have the guts to cut them lose. So quit taking up for Tubby. Enjoy him being at Minnesota, I am.

 

That speaks volumes...

The intentional on Joe was pretty weak I think. I've seen WAAAAAAAY worse. Take the best rebounder away from a team that already isn't very good at it and this is what you get. Get our best guard back, lose our best big man... man that's tough. Why Coury and Porter continue to play is beyond me. Carter and Stewart should have ALL of Coury's minutes and we now have enough guards to not watch Porter travel every time he touches the ball. BCG, I am behind you, but c'mon, you can't continue to play these guys. With Meeks and Patterson healthy this team will be decent.

 

I think the intentional was a crock, as well. He was swiping for the ball and the reason the guy fell so hard was because he tried to wind up for a big-time dunk. Had he just dunked it instead of trying to win a dunk contest, there would have been no intentional foul. On the other hand, I'm glad that Crawford picked up the foul and didn't just let the guy go. He showed me a lot of heart and he FINALLY took his game to the next level - even it was only for a few minutes.

I think the intentional was a crock, as well. He was swiping for the ball and the reason the guy fell so hard was because he tried to wind up for a big-time dunk. Had he just dunked it instead of trying to win a dunk contest, there would have been no intentional foul. On the other hand, I'm glad that Crawford picked up the foul and didn't just let the guy go. He showed me a lot of heart and he FINALLY took his game to the next level - even it was only for a few minutes.

 

The call was not an intentional foul in traditional sense(ie not making a play for the ball). The foul was due to excessive contact. You'll see it everytime a kid goes down hard on a foul from behind on a breakaway. It was the right call.

I think he's talking about Tubby at Minnesota winning with someone elses players. It wears me out people taking up for Tubby he is the reason we are where we are. I agree with LABS, how many times in the last 2 years did we get 5 second calls on out of bounds plays after a timeout? I liked Tubby, but he took none of his assistants with him, had he made changes here we would have been better, and that is part of the reason he's doing well at Minnesota. He knew a couple of his assistants needed to go, but didn't have the guts to cut them lose. So quit taking up for Tubby. Enjoy him being at Minnesota, I am.

 

I will agree with you on him needing to replace some of his assistants. But he was loyal to them as he was to the UK Program.

 

But I disagree with you saying he is to balme for this years woes. I think this years woes are do to Meeks and Jasper not healthy and now Patterson injured. And the fact UK defense is horrible.

 

Tubby recruited these guys to fit his style. So I truly think he would be winning some of these games do to his style.

The call was not an intentional foul in traditional sense(ie not making a play for the ball). The foul was due to excessive contact. You'll see it everytime a kid goes down hard on a foul from behind on a breakaway. It was the right call.

 

When you're up 22 points and you come down and wind up for a "salt in the wounds" dunk, you're going to get fouled. I'm glad that was Crawford on defense and not me, because I most likely would've been ejected, LOL.

I will agree with you on him needing to replace some of his assistants. But he was loyal to them as he was to the UK Program.

But I disagree with you saying he is to balme for this years woes. I think this years woes are do to Meeks and Jasper not healthy and now Patterson injured. And the fact UK defense is horrible.

 

Tubby recruited these guys to fit his style. So I truly think he would be winning some of these games do to his style.

 

I think it was more he couldn't find them a job elsewhere. I agree Tubby probably would've won a couple of these games we've lost, but we would be done second round of the tournament. I know we probably won't even make the tourney this year, but it will be worth it in the long run. I hope.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.