Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 82 UK 69

Featured Replies

Meeks clearly wasn't 100%. He often walked with a limp and when he cramped up I thought he was done for. And Joe Crawford may have played the best game of his 4 year career in the aspect of showing that he wants to win and wants to lead the team. And what was the reason for keeping Bradley on the bench for so long in the 2nd half? To see just how many times Porter can turn the ball over? AJ Stewart played well and in all honesty, Jared Carter showed a little improvement. If he can play 10 minutes a game, grab 3 or 4 rebounds, get 4 or 5 points, and foul out I would be happy and not call him a complete waste. How serious is that mysterious ankle injury to Patterson?

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will agree with you on him needing to replace some of his assistants. But he was loyal to them as he was to the UK Program.

 

Yeah... he left UK and his assistants out in the cold.

I talking about his own class in. Like next years class of 08 and years to come.:ylsuper:

 

:thumb:

If Tubby had the injuries that this team has had, good chance the record is still 4-5.

 

Injuries to Patterson, Meeks, Jasper are more the reason why this team is struggling than any other reason.

 

That said, is the injuries just part of the game or a result of what seems to be brutal practices?

I think Ky went 7-10 in it last 17 games last season. I would call that the start of the downhill slide. You take away Morris add a new coaching staff and system, then get hit with the injury bug with Meeks, Jasper, and now Patterson. Because of the injuries you have to play guys a lot of minutes that normally would be on the bench. This is a recipe for disaster and disaster is upon us. No reason to blame, point fingers, get mad, or quit watching games. The players will play hard and the fans should cheer hard. THIS THING WILL GET BETTER.

That said, is the injuries just part of the game or a result of what seems to be brutal practices?

 

Jasper was hurt last year, Meeks was hurt in a game from my understanding, and a twisted ankle isn't an overuse injury.

 

Don't think you can blame any of them on BCG.

I will tell you one thing this team isn't 4-5 with Tubby as the coach.

 

 

Prove it.

 

Oh wait thats impossible to do then again I still say if I had hit that game winning half court shot in 5th grade I would be in the NBA right now. :eek:

 

 

Actually your right, its a trick statement. Tubby isnt the coach so they arent 4-5 with him. Nice work it took me a minute to see what you were saying.

...agreed x 2...

I think Ky went 7-10 in it last 17 games last season. I would call that the start of the downhill slide. You take away Morris add a new coaching staff and system, then get hit with the injury bug with Meeks, Jasper, and now Patterson. Because of the injuries you have to play guys a lot of minutes that normally would be on the bench. This is a recipe for disaster and disaster is upon us. No reason to blame, point fingers, get mad, or quit watching games. The players will play hard and the fans should cheer hard. THIS THING WILL GET BETTER.

 

Look who they played. I doubt there were any Gardner Webb's in there. With that said, I will support BCG, but guys, Tubby is GONE! Leave it to rest. We (UK fans) can hark on him all we want to. The truth is, Minnesota had WAY less talent than UK does right now and Tubby is WINNING. The man is a great coach and always will be.

 

What I would love is Tubby doing the X's and O's and BCG doing the recruiting. That force would be unstoppable!

When you're up 22 points and you come down and wind up for a "salt in the wounds" dunk, you're going to get fouled. I'm glad that was Crawford on defense and not me, because I most likely would've been ejected, LOL.

 

Also agreed. :lol:

I keep hearing how Jasper is a big part of the puzzle and I cannot figure out why-- I remember Jasper being a liabilty last year with his lack of offensive skills. I remember him passing up wide open lay-ups to pass the ball to a covered teammates. I know that he has great size and good ball handling abilities, but I thought these same boards that are anxiously awaiting his return this year were bad mouthing his lack of skills last year. Did he have a really good summer or something?

When you're up 22 points and you come down and wind up for a "salt in the wounds" dunk, you're going to get fouled. I'm glad that was Crawford on defense and not me, because I most likely would've been ejected, LOL.

 

No argument from me. I was simply stating why the call was made.

I keep hearing how Jasper is a big part of the puzzle and I cannot figure out why-- I remember Jasper being a liabilty last year with his lack of offensive skills. I remember him passing up wide open lay-ups to pass the ball to a covered teammates. I know that he has great size and good ball handling abilities, but I thought these same boards that are anxiously awaiting his return this year were bad mouthing his lack of skills last year. Did he have a really good summer or something?

 

To quote BCG: Some PGs can count to 5 (see only their team) while others can count to 10(see the whole floor). He says Jasper is one of the few that can count to 10.

 

Ramel cannot.

Is this roster worse than the 0-16 Big 12 team Gillispie took over at A&M????

 

I would assume many are like me. You could put what I know about his 0-16 team in a thimble and it would only be half-full. With that said, its too early to tell.

 

We cannot fully evaluate this team until they are healthy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.