December 19, 200718 yr I had to think it over, but here are my thoughts: 1) Nice to see some heart out of Crawford 2) Hate is a strong word, so I will say that I greatly despise Tubby Smith for what he's done to Kentucky basketball 3) Meeks is obviously a big piece of the puzzle; but there's no way he's playing that many minutes tonight 4) Why is Gillispie always smiling? 5) This is the worst UK team I've ever watched 6) I remember lying in my bedroom floor, when I was growing up, listening to Cawood Ledford's play-by-play. I bled blue and wouldn't miss a game for the world. The players gave maximum effort, even though they were short on talent (Reggie Hanson, Derrick Miller, Farmer, Feldhaus, Ford, Woods, etc. etc.). Whatever happened to that team and that atmosphere? Tubby, can you answer that question for us? 1. Crawford=Heart...check. Crawford trying too hard to "be the man"...check. 2. Tubby didn't help, but Gillispie knew what he was getting into. Blame goes both ways. 3. Meeks looked good. If he was cleared, I have no problem with the minutes. 4. Gillispie loses and smiles...Tubby wins and frowns. So confusing. 5. Worst? Since the 1989-90 team wasn't on TV, I can't say much about them. 6. I agree about listening to Cawood and all the former players. We could wax poetic about the good times, but it isn't that way anymore. UK basketball became a picture of gloom and drudgery (even when winning) under Coach Smith and it remains today. The fun (read: style) left with Pitino and hasn't made its way back.
December 19, 200718 yr Tubby jumped ship at the right time. I wonder if Billy G. still likes his decision to come here. Does anyone else think Billy doesn't really shoot straight during interviews.
December 19, 200718 yr 1. Crawford=Heart...check. Crawford trying too hard to "be the man"...check. 2. Tubby didn't help, but Gillispie knew what he was getting into. Blame goes both ways. 3. Meeks looked good. If he was cleared, I have no problem with the minutes.4. Gillispie loses and smiles...Tubby wins and frowns. So confusing. 5. Worst? Since the 1989-90 team wasn't on TV, I can't say much about them. 6. I agree about listening to Cawood and all the former players. We could wax poetic about the good times, but it isn't that way anymore. UK basketball became a picture of gloom and drudgery (even when winning) under Coach Smith and it remains today. The fun (read: style) left with Pitino and hasn't made its way back. Ok I seen this and came back... Even so that Meeks was cleared, he clearly wasn't 100% and played way too many minutes tonight. You don't throw someone out there coming back from an injury like that, especially since he went from possible being out for the season to playing tonight in the span of about a week. And it almost came back to haunt UK when he went down towards the end of the game tonight!
December 19, 200718 yr Classic Wireman blame it on Tubby. :lol: You wanted him out and no you can't accept what we have. I will tell you one thing this team isn't 4-5 with Tubby as the coach.
December 19, 200718 yr 1. Crawford=Heart...check. Crawford trying too hard to "be the man"...check. 2. Tubby didn't help, but Gillispie knew what he was getting into. Blame goes both ways. 3. Meeks looked good. If he was cleared, I have no problem with the minutes. 4. Gillispie loses and smiles...Tubby wins and frowns. So confusing. 5. Worst? Since the 1989-90 team wasn't on TV, I can't say much about them. 6. I agree about listening to Cawood and all the former players. We could wax poetic about the good times, but it isn't that way anymore. UK basketball became a picture of gloom and drudgery (even when winning) under Coach Smith and it remains today. The fun (read: style) left with Pitino and hasn't made its way back. 1. I would normally agree about Crawford trying to do too much, but tonight he showed that he cared and that's something I've waited 4 years to see in him. 2. Tubby didn't help? That's one way to put it. Tubby took a team that was on top of the world and slowly but surely molded them into a mid-major team. 3. If he was cleared, fine - but to expect production for 30 minutes out of a player that hasn't played in 6 weeks is a little far-fetched. 4. Very confusing, indeed. 5. They even sounded better than this y ear's team. 6. See post 2.
December 19, 200718 yr Ok I seen this and came back... Even so that Meeks was cleared, he clearly wasn't 100% and played way too many minutes tonight. You don't throw someone out there coming back from an injury like that, especially since he went from possible being out for the season to playing tonight in the span of about a week. And it almost came back to haunt UK when he went down towards the end of the game tonight! Saw, not seen. Agreed, it could have been bad if he got hurt. But he (as well as any other player) could get hurt at any time. Should he play five minutes tonight, eight on Saturday, sixteen next week, and so on? If he can play, let him play.
December 19, 200718 yr PP would have helped UK tonight. Im 100% sure of that. Meeks played very good. Good to see BCG get mad and angry tonight. UK will turn it around and somehow find a way into the NCAA tourny.
December 19, 200718 yr 5. They even sounded better than this year's team. True...although Cawood could make sixth grade girls basketball sound good!
December 19, 200718 yr Classic Wireman blame it on Tubby. :lol: You wanted him out and no you can't accept what we have. I will tell you one thing this team isn't 4-5 with Tubby as the coach. I'm perfectly fine with who we have - I'm not one of the people that have already began questioning the hire of Billy G. I surely to God don't want Tubby coaching this team anymore. This team is 4-5 WITH Tubby's recruits, or should I say, lack of recruits.
December 19, 200718 yr I'm perfectly fine with who we have - I'm not one of the people that have already began questioning the hire of Billy G. I surely to God don't want Tubby coaching this team anymore. This team is 4-5 WITH Tubby's recruits, or should I say, lack of recruits. True True. Help is on the way next year and years to come. BCG will have some GOOD players at UK. :madman:
December 19, 200718 yr I"m not in meltdown mode, but I'll tell you one thing that causes me to boil - I can't stand to watch the other team get offensive rebound after offensive rebound and rack up the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chance points. Any moron, talent or no talent, can get their butt in the other guys knees and box him off the boards.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.