Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 82 UK 69

Featured Replies

We can sit here and make excuses of players not playing to there potential and how some are injured... But UK still isnt good enough at full strength to be successful in the SEC and go to the NCAA tournament.

 

At full strength with Jasper and everyone they are a pretty solid basketball team. Without them, they are pretty much below average.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tenn Tech beat Oregon State the other night. I look for the Golden Eagles to win another big one for the OVC on Saturday. I love UK but they're not that good this season.

I'm gonna say one thing and one thing only:

 

 

THIS TEAM HAS TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

(BOX OUT, GUARD THE PERIMETER, & REBOUND)

 

 

I'm out!:thumb:

Man....I hate UK so this is very pleasing....but like anything else, it's not nearly as much fun to root against UK when they are absolutely flat out AWFUL.

Man....I hate UK so this is very pleasing....but like anything else, it's not nearly as much fun to root against UK when they are absolutely flat out AWFUL.

 

Hey, UK fans just finished watching UL football. We understand .

Just in case Ramel wasn't convinced he was in the doghouse, Dusty Mills (wasn't he the kid that shot underhand in Hoosiers?) gets in the game in the 2nd half instead of #3.

UK will be fine, they will most likely make the tourney and grow up by the end of the year. If you remember a few years ago UK started out like 3-5 in 2000-2001 and that team turned out just fine as this one will you just have to give them time to heal up and get better. If they finish strong the selection committee will pick them if nothing else for rating if they can get themselves to 20 wins.

I had to think it over, but here are my thoughts:

 

1) Nice to see some heart out of Crawford

2) Hate is a strong word, so I will say that I greatly despise Tubby Smith for what he's done to Kentucky basketball

3) Meeks is obviously a big piece of the puzzle; but there's no way he's playing that many minutes tonight

4) Why is Gillispie always smiling?

5) This is the worst UK team I've ever watched

6) I remember lying in my bedroom floor, when I was growing up, listening to Cawood Ledford's play-by-play. I bled blue and wouldn't miss a game for the world. The players gave maximum effort, even though they were short on talent (Reggie Hanson, Derrick Miller, Farmer, Feldhaus, Ford, Woods, etc. etc.). Whatever happened to that team and that atmosphere? Tubby, can you answer that question for us?

A positive: Jared Carter was active. He had no one he could guard due to their size but his effort was good. We can work with that.

I'll take the Golden Eagles with a 6 point win over the Cats. 71-65, early prediction.

 

You think an OVC team can compete with UK?

  • Author
You think an OVC team can compete with UK?

 

You think UK can compete with an OVC team?

Ouch...

 

:fight:

One positive that I can say is how the Cats never quit and made a run late in the game to make it "remotely respectable" anyway. We got our butts kicked again tonight by a better basketball team, plain and simple.

Patterson was out and we did miss him greatly, I was impressed with Meeks in his 1st game back and a person could tell it was his first back in a while. He has not got his "basketball legs" back as far as going full speed for any length of time, JMO. I hope that when he went down during that scramble for the balll that nothing comes of that. I just held my breath when he got up limping the way he was and went out of the game. Hopefully it will not lead to another stretch with him out. Crawford looked better tonight, at least I didn't come off the chair calling him a lazy bum. I thiought that he gave very good effort/hustle.

Our rebounding at best was pathetic tonight, I did not see ayone "blocking out" at all ...basic basketball fundamentals :irked: I don't know how many turnovers that we had but it was a lot, way too many. IMO the lack of rebounding and the Cats turnovers lost this game for us tonight.

Houston imo definately should be ranked, they have pretty good basketball team.

 

I am not giving up on this team and will stick by them, imo that is what a real fan does. I hope that all the fans will as well and not go jumping off the bandwagon. Like I always have said, go ahead and leave if you want ....just don't come back when they are winning.

Oh well, I have rambled on too much and am ticked off, I hate to lose. On to Saturday afternoon and Tenn. Tech at Rupp.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.