Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 82 UK 69

Featured Replies

It was no secret BCG isn't even close to Tubby's level of X's and O's.

 

:sleep::rolleyes:

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw, not seen.

 

Agreed, it could have been bad if he got hurt. But he (as well as any other player) could get hurt at any time. Should he play five minutes tonight, eight on Saturday, sixteen next week, and so on? If he can play, let him play.

 

Better watch out about correcting people's grammar you could get suspended!:thumb:

 

And no you don't have to play him for 8, 16, etc....

 

But I think 20 minutes is a good time to test his legs.

Funny story. If Gillispie sat Meeks after that 1st half and UK was blown out........ we'd hear the opposite things from the same people...

:sleep::rolleyes:

 

Don't have anything better to say? Sorry but its the truth like it or not. I am not going to get into the Tubby/BCG debate right now but UK fans asked for it now we all have to own it and stop acting like this wasn't going to happen.

Funny story. If Gillispie sat Meeks after that 1st half and UK was blown out........ we'd hear the opposite things from the same people...

 

Not saying you're talking about me but I've said this since the game started, that Meeks isn't worth losing for the long haul that he shouldn't play if he isn't 100%.

  • Author
One positive that I can say is how the Cats never quit and made a run late in the game to make it "remotely respectable" anyway. We got our butts kicked again tonight by a better basketball team, plain and simple.

Patterson was out and we did miss him greatly, I was impressed with Meeks in his 1st game back and a person could tell it was his first back in a while. He has not got his "basketball legs" back as far as going full speed for any length of time, JMO. I hope that when he went down during that scramble for the balll that nothing comes of that. I just held my breath when he got up limping the way he was and went out of the game. Hopefully it will not lead to another stretch with him out. Crawford looked better tonight, at least I didn't come off the chair calling him a lazy bum. I thiought that he gave very good effort/hustle.

Our rebounding at best was pathetic tonight, I did not see ayone "blocking out" at all ...basic basketball fundamentals :irked: I don't know how many turnovers that we had but it was a lot, way too many. IMO the lack of rebounding and the Cats turnovers lost this game for us tonight.

Houston imo definately should be ranked, they have pretty good basketball team.

 

I am not giving up on this team and will stick by them, imo that is what a real fan does. I hope that all the fans will as well and not go jumping off the bandwagon. Like I always have said, go ahead and leave if you want ....just don't come back when they are winning.

Oh well, I have rambled on too much and am ticked off, I hate to lose. On to Saturday afternoon and Tenn. Tech at Rupp.

 

UK - 18 Turnovers (Porter had 6 & Crawford had 4)

UH - 9 Turnovers

Not saying you're talking about me but I've said this since the game started, that Meeks isn't worth losing for the long haul that he shouldn't play if he isn't 100%.

Breaking news. Guys almost always play at less than 100%. That's how the game works. He was cleared, and playing well. If he was benched because of minutes played, you'd be all over it after what he did early...

Porter should have went to USC for Football. IDK why in the world they would want him.

Classic Wireman blame it on Tubby. :lol: You wanted him out and no you can't accept what we have. I will tell you one thing this team isn't 4-5 with Tubby as the coach.

 

I agree 100% I say 7-2

 

Even so that Meeks was cleared, he clearly wasn't 100% and played way too many minutes tonight. You don't throw someone out there coming back from an injury like that, especially since he went from possible being out for the season to playing tonight in the span of about a week.

 

And it almost came back to haunt UK when he went down towards the end of the game tonight!

 

:thumb: I agree 100%, no way should Meeks have played that may minutes. Yes he was a big factor for us tonigt and was on fire - especially in the 1st half. As it went on a person could tell he was tired.

IMO that is a time when an athlete can get hurt. We certainly don't want him out any longer.

Breaking news. Guys almost always play at less than 100%. That's how the game works. He was cleared, and playing well. If he was benched because of minutes played, you'd be all over it after what he did early...

 

You can keep thinking that but I already said over and over that I was against it. I didn't think he should have played all of what he did. I don't care how many points he scored. If you'd go back and look I at what wrote you'd see that. I know players never play 100% and it goes on like that as the season progresses, but I still stand by what I said, he shouldn't have played what he did, if at all. It was risky and almost hurt him even more. So no I wouldn't be all over something I already said I was against.

When BCG gets his players UK will turn it around.

 

I don't look for a big turnaround ths season. When and if BCG gets everyone back and heatlhy it certainly will get better. Jassper was still out tonight, Patterson was out tonight (I hope the ankle is not serious) and Meeks was back and looked good but still not in "game shape" yet. JMO

I don't look for a big turnaround ths season. When and if BCG gets everyone back and heatlhy it certainly will get better. Jassper was still out tonight, Patterson was out tonight (I hope the ankle is not serious) and Meeks was back and looked good but still not in "game shape" yet. JMO

 

I talking about his own class in. Like next years class of 08 and years to come.:ylsuper:

You can keep thinking that but I already said over and over that I was against it. I didn't think he should have played all of what he did. I don't care how many points he scored. If you'd go back and look I at what wrote you'd see that. I know players never play 100% and it goes on like that as the season progresses, but I still stand by what I said, he shouldn't have played what he did, if at all. It was risky and almost hurt him even more. So no I wouldn't be all over something I already said I was against.

 

He hit your minute "quota" at the half. If you were calling the shots and sat him, you'd see the fun :rolleyes: of the life as the UK coach.

 

When your best available player can play, you keep the guy on the court.

 

Next...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.