December 19, 200718 yr Well I haven't said to much about this horrible UK start this year yet. However I have found these threads rather funny, while reading through them the last few weeks. I have seen people blaming everything on Tubby as usual which is wrong, and people blaming Billy G. which is also wrong. I know one reason why I haven't actually gotten on Billy G is because of the injuries we have had. I mean we have have some of our better players missing this year in games, and so it will be hard to really do well right now. I mean people we have to give Billy G time, and let this team get healthy. Also people we need to stop with the Tubby thrashing on here. I mean this team when Healthy really is not that bad of a team at all, and has talent! However we have just not been healthy at all this year...
December 19, 200718 yr This season is really going to show people who thought Tubby was a good coach how bad of coach he really was. His recruiting was terrible. This team that BCG has gotten was TUBBYS team. Not his. When he has his players UK will be back where they should be. Tubby las left UK basketball in a wreck! He knew what he was doing when he left for UM. He knew that if he had stayed this year people would see him for what kinda coach he really is. I dont think that with tubby coaching the record would be better. I think that if he was still coaching UK we would have a worse record.
December 20, 200718 yr News flash for all posters still blaming Tubby. He's coaching in Minnesota now. Mark it down, I've got a source. We've got a new coach and a banged up team. Even healthy this team wouldn't be that outstanding. It's going to be a rough year, just accept it and lets move one.
December 20, 200718 yr This season is really going to show people who thought Tubby was a good coach how bad of coach he really was. His recruiting was terrible. This team that BCG has gotten was TUBBYS team. Not his. When he has his players UK will be back where they should be. Tubby las left UK basketball in a wreck! He knew what he was doing when he left for UM. He knew that if he had stayed this year people would see him for what kinda coach he really is. I dont think that with tubby coaching the record would be better. I think that if he was still coaching UK we would have a worse record. His recruiting was not terrible. Maybe the last 2 years were not that great, but come on man.. If you honestly think this team would still be 4-5 with Tubby at coach, your crazy..
December 20, 200718 yr I agree Ramel is not the answer to who can run the point, and I know Jasper is all we have, but is Jasper going to be the man to right the ship as everyone is saying? I also think you are somewhat overstating what expectations are when/if Jasper returns. The fact is, Ramel is not a PG. He is a SG forced to play the position. Hard to even remotely resemble a team without a PG. At least, by nature Jasper is a PG and the offense should flow somewhat with him in the game; plus, he gives a solid defensive presence on the perimiter.
December 20, 200718 yr This season is really going to show people who thought Tubby was a good coach how bad of coach he really was. His recruiting was terrible. This team that BCG has gotten was TUBBYS team. Not his. When he has his players UK will be back where they should be. Tubby las left UK basketball in a wreck! He knew what he was doing when he left for UM. He knew that if he had stayed this year people would see him for what kinda coach he really is. I dont think that with tubby coaching the record would be better. I think that if he was still coaching UK we would have a worse record. Your post makes no sense when you look at what Tubby is doing at UM. Playing a very similar schedule to the one that UM played last year and with basically the same make up of the team he is 7-1. Last year, I think they were 3-5 or something like that. So, this horrible coach has turned UM around with pretty much same roster playing pretty much same teams they played last year. Would he be doing better at UK, depends on the injuries. He has same injuries that Billy G has had with this team and maybe not. But to say Tubby is a horrible coach shows you have no knowledge of the game of basketball. Wasn't this the guy who was voted National Coach of the Year.
December 20, 200718 yr Well I haven't said to much about this horrible UK start this year yet. However I have found these threads rather funny, while reading through them the last few weeks. I have seen people blaming everything on Tubby as usual which is wrong, and people blaming Billy G. which is also wrong. I know one reason why I haven't actually gotten on Billy G is because of the injuries we have had. I mean we have have some of our better players missing this year in games, and so it will be hard to really do well right now. I mean people we have to give Billy G time, and let this team get healthy. Also people we need to stop with the Tubby thrashing on here. I mean this team when Healthy really is not that bad of a team at all, and has talent! However we have just not been healthy at all this year... It's two sided, "Tubby Lovers" think Tubby deserves no blame for anything at all and jump on every chance to blame Billy G for everything. The "Tubby Bashers" are the exact opposite. Frankly, these forums have become more predictable than a Creed album.
December 20, 200718 yr I keep hearing how Jasper is a big part of the puzzle and I cannot figure out why-- I remember Jasper being a liabilty last year with his lack of offensive skills. I remember him passing up wide open lay-ups to pass the ball to a covered teammates. I know that he has great size and good ball handling abilities, but I thought these same boards that are anxiously awaiting his return this year were bad mouthing his lack of skills last year. Did he have a really good summer or something? I really liked this post, because I was going to post sort of the same deal, I really think he CAN help. But him to be a WINNING help, he's got to play at a level as he did agaisnt, let's say..UCLA last season. Where he played 34 minutes, 9 boards , 3 steals and 12 points...With those numbers give or take a few, plus Patterson, Meeks , Crawford and Bradley, we can be a GOOD team. But if he shows up as the..." NO confidence" Jasper, heck we would be better but we probably still wouldn't win the games we are supposed to.
December 20, 200718 yr Prove it. Oh wait thats impossible to do then again I still say if I had hit that game winning half court shot in 5th grade I would be in the NBA right now. :eek: Actually your right, its a trick statement. Tubby isnt the coach so they arent 4-5 with him. Nice work it took me a minute to see what you were saying. Glad we are on the same page.
December 20, 200718 yr This helps me. My Top Five in the National Rankings: 1. North Carolina 2. Indiana 3. UAB 4. Houston 5. Gardner-Webb Memphis might be in their somewhere.
December 20, 200718 yr Looks goog to me Is there anyone else you forgot. Georgetown...maybe..after GW.
December 20, 200718 yr When you're up 22 points and you come down and wind up for a "salt in the wounds" dunk, you're going to get fouled. I'm glad that was Crawford on defense and not me, because I most likely would've been ejected, LOL. That's crazy....and to hurt someone (potentially) because they are winning, is 100% without class.
December 20, 200718 yr That's crazy....and to hurt someone (potentially) because they are winning, is 100% without class. The competitive side of me sure would have put a hard foul on him. If you think about it, you may say the same for yourself.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.