MLB Mitchell Report

STRIKE3

Sad day for baseball...

Actually, being a glass half-full kinda guy, I see it as a great day for baseball. The cheaters get exposed and hopefully the fans can have some trust in the integrity of this great sport from this point forward.

Presently, a shadow of doubt is cast of any and everyone. Except for the big fat players who obviously are not on steroids.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that will come out when some of these guys deny, deny, deny and sue him for slander. (Or whatever the legal term is)

Then again, if they don't deny...we'll know he had a LOT of "proof" against them...

They could take the Peter Edward method and deny, deny, deny, until you have a book coming out and want to sell a lot of copies and come clean that you have been lying all these years and making your fans look like butts as they defended you.

I'm sure that will come out when some of these guys deny, deny, deny and sue him for slander. (Or whatever the legal term is)

Then again, if they don't deny...we'll know he had a LOT of "proof" against them...

I can see the deny part definitely happening, but I don't see the law suits for slander if they know it's true.

Actually, being a glass half-full kinda guy, I see it as a great day for baseball. The cheaters get exposed and hopefully the fans can have some trust in the integrity of this great sport from this point forward.

Presently, a shadow of doubt is cast of any and everyone. Except for the big fat players who obviously are not on steroids.

And it still will be. Problem is, it's only the cheaters that he could prove. Everytime I hear former players talk, the percentage of users goes up. Sean Casey may be the only player not on something...

I can see the deny part definitely happening, but I don't see the law suits for slander if they know it's true.

Honestly, they'll NEVER be able to prove anyone took anything. They could be on videotape filmed by the Pope, sticking a syringe in their rear that clearly is marked STEROIDS. They can easily say that it was nothing. Unless these guys admit it, they'll all win in court, IMO.

However, with this report, they'll all get hammered in the court of public opinion...

Although I do believe they'll just want it to go away more than anything...

In all seriousness, I'm having a tough time with today and the Mitchell report. I know I'm going to have to break allegiances with some guys I've loved to watch over the years. And if you know me, you know how hard that's going to be. That really is making me queazy...

Sad day for baseball...

I'm with you 'bro and many players, teams, trainers and Management, will be answering a lot of "Why/Did you Know/What will You do/Will he be Traded questions.

This 2:00pm press conference, may gather the biggest TV ratings, this year.

I'm with you 'bro and many players, teams, trainers and Management, will be answering a lot of "Why/Did you Know/What will You do/Will he be Traded questions.

This 2:00pm press conference, may gather the biggest TV ratings, this year.

I bet some GM's and owners are going to be kicking themselves for paying such a high price for some of these free agents the last couple of years. Player stocks will be plummeting after 2:00 pm today...

Well it may be a sad day in baseball and if it takes dragging these guys under the bus, whether anything happens to them or not, then so be it. Baseball needs to try and right the steroids issue and although this may not be the best way to do it, it's done and it's coming out today. All we can do is hope that baseball is taking a step in the right direction here.

I bet some GM's and owners are going to be kicking themselves for paying such a high price for some of these free agents the last couple of years. Player stocks will be plummeting after 2:00 pm today...
You're right and some, may be on the trading blocks, DL or just fade away in some instances.

It's not going to be good but I do hope, that if names are mentioned, there is some substantive proof and not ruin, a innocent player. Like you said before, how does one confirm.

Players Agents and Labor Union, will be working overtime for the next several months.

And it still will be. Problem is, it's only the cheaters that he could prove. Everytime I hear former players talk, the percentage of users goes up. Sean Casey may be the only player not on something...

And how crushed will you be if Sean Casey does appear on the list?