Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

BigBlueFreak

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard that there are multiple members of this team that aren't happy about the way Coach Billy G. operates, and that we shouldn't be surprised to see another transfer or two before the semester ends. It sure sounds to me what I already expected, that there are a lot of spoiled brats on this UK team that aren't used to having to work their butts off in practice.

Hopefully not Patterson!

IF Legion stays we'll get to see what kind of coach we really have.

He can stick with what he's doing and risk losing good ball players or he'll go soft and start Legion Saturday.

I've never been a big believer in having to scream to get someone to understand you. Words are words no matter what tone of voice they are spoken in. Something in the middle would be ideal.Stern with the players but not insane and realizing you are still dealing with college kids. With kid's going to school for a year or two and headed to the league the days of my way or the highway are all but gone.

Kentucky freshman guard Alex Legion informed head coach Billy Gillispie Monday night of his desire to transfer. “It’s unfortunate and not what I wanted to hear, but I understand,” Gillispie said.

“We met with Alex and his mother Friday, and she informed us of her desire to seek a release for her son. Shortly after that meeting, Alex told me that he still wanted to be a part of our program. He played in the game against North Carolina Saturday and seemed happy when I spoke with him Sunday.”

Gillispie, who spent much of Monday in Louisville at funeral services for former Wildcat greats Ralph Beard and Tommy Kron, found out on the way back to Lexington that Legion had not attended Monday afternoon’s practice. He met with Legion late Monday night, when the player informed Gillispie of his decision to transfer.

“You always hate to lose a valued member of your program, and Alex was definitely that. He has tremendous potential as a player and a student, but most importantly, he is a wonderful young man. We hate to see him leave, but if he can be happier elsewhere then all you can do is wish him the best.”

Legion, a native of Inkster, Mich., has played in all six UK games, starting twice. He has averaged 6.7 points in over 17 minutes per game.

Kentucky freshman guard Alex Legion informed head coach Billy Gillispie Monday night of his desire to transfer. “It’s unfortunate and not what I wanted to hear, but I understand,” Gillispie said.

“We met with Alex and his mother Friday, and she informed us of her desire to seek a release for her son. Shortly after that meeting, Alex told me that he still wanted to be a part of our program. He played in the game against North Carolina Saturday and seemed happy when I spoke with him Sunday.”

Gillispie, who spent much of Monday in Louisville at funeral services for former Wildcat greats Ralph Beard and Tommy Kron, found out on the way back to Lexington that Legion had not attended Monday afternoon’s practice. He met with Legion late Monday night, when the player informed Gillispie of his decision to transfer.

“You always hate to lose a valued member of your program, and Alex was definitely that. He has tremendous potential as a player and a student, but most importantly, he is a wonderful young man. We hate to see him leave, but if he can be happier elsewhere then all you can do is wish him the best.”

Legion, a native of Inkster, Mich., has played in all six UK games, starting twice. He has averaged 6.7 points in over 17 minutes per game.

Well this tells it all. :cry: