Legion decides to transfer from Kentucky

BigBlueFreak

Times have changed. BCG is going to have to balance being a tough, hard nose coach of yesteryear (Bear Bryant in FB, Rupp in BB) with what the youth of today are familiar with, call it "spoiled" if you wish. Just beause a kid says that he didn't understand a play, you can't tell him to run the stairs until he does understand. It doesn't work that way.

I think BCG needs to have a discussion with Pitino, Williams, and others, about that 'balancing act'. I don't think he quite understands it yet.

It wouldn't shock me if Patterson left too. BCG could be a short-timer at UK.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a little worried about it. I read in the Lex-Herald where BCG made Patterson run the stairs for saying he didn't didn't understand something BCG was saying.

Poor baby....Maybe his mommy can talk to coach about it. Seriously if something like that would make someone want to leave, they can go. We had to do that kind of stuff when I played my freshman year of HS.

Poor baby....Maybe his mommy can talk to coach about it. Seriously if something like that would make someone want to leave, they can go. We had to do that kind of stuff when I played my freshman year of HS.

I'm sorry Mustang. You can achieve the same results without trying to act like a drill sergeant. In the army you have to stay, not so in college. Poor baby it might be, but what if that"poor baby" is Larry Bird....which it was at Indiana.