A KHSAA Rule or good manners

Per previous NFHS rules interpretations, the band may NOT play when the opponent is at the line. I suspect you may see something proposed to tighten that down even further as it has become a major problem nationwide. The band should shut up when the huddle breaks.

Another example of rules information that is not true or made up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this same issue, are airhorns (the bottled air type bought at WalMart) illegal for use during games?

I could be wrong, but I believe things like air horns aren't illegal unless the school or association has a ban on artificial noisemakers like the SEC does. A horn doesn't stop play in football, so there's no deception involved. They might be considered unsporting, however, and if they became a problem they could lead to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Dayton does this all the time. Whether they are playing at home or at a visiting stadium. They used to have to do anything possible to win, so that means letting there band that has about 5 people play whatever the heck they want, but they don't need to do that anymore. Its sounds like crap and is bad manners. I hope they melt down all of Dayton's music equipment because crap like this is just not needed and is the mark of a team with no class, and Dayton's football HAS been showing class. Dont let the band change peoples minds.

Been going to Dayton games regularly for four years now and many times have complained that they play when Dayton's on offense and defense. Actually complained to the head coach to at least tell them to only play when the other team has the ball. I'm not sure they know when Dayton's on offense or defense...

Dayton does this all the time. Whether they are playing at home or at a visiting stadium. They know they have to do anything possible to win, so that means letting there band that has about 5 people play whatever the heck they want. Its sounds like crap and is bad manners. I hope they melt down all of Dayton's music equipment because crap like this is just not needed and is the mark of a team with no class, and Dayton's football HAS been showing class. Dont let the band change peoples minds.

Don't understand. You say Dayton will do whatever to win, and then you say Dayton football has been showing class. They only have one loss. Just don't understand your quote. Don't blame the band.

Wouldn't that apply to all the fans in the stadium during most college games or are fans not considered "persons subject to the rules"?

On this same issue, are airhorns (the bottled air type bought at WalMart) illegal for use during games?

They are certainly annoying, in poor taste and could potentially cause a foul. But I can't say that air horns are unoquivocally illegal.