A KHSAA Rule or good manners

a few years ago Southwestern was playing at McCreary Central, a member of the chain crew and the man from Southwestern that put off the cannon almost got into a fight. The guy from McCreary was upset because deer season was opening the next day and he thought that the cannon would scare all deer away.

:laugh: Now thats funny :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Band for the Home team continues to play during the visiting teams first offensive play. Bad manners or rule violation?
Not to change the subject but a quick question to you ISTHATALLYOUWANT, we all want to know, as far as the Clark Co, NL, game, you said something a bout a big hit on Clint Greene, that cause tears to your eyes, what's your point, that happen last year man, in the two games #42 played agaisnt SL, AND NL, Greene had 6TDs AND 300 YARDS, So thats my point, what was your point for using a kid name that doesn't have anything to do with fridays game. Just thought I would ask because Clint, and his friends from Eastern Kentucky, got a kick out of your post.

Not to change the subject but a quick question to you ISTHATALLYOUWANT, we all want to know, as far as the Clark Co, NL, game, you said something a bout a big hit on Clint Greene, that cause tears to your eyes, what's your point, that happen last year man, in the two games #42 played agaisnt SL, AND NL, Greene had 6TDs AND 300 YARDS, So thats my point, what was your point for using a kid name that doesn't have anything to do with fridays game. Just thought I would ask because Clint, and his friends from Eastern Kentucky, got a kick out of your post.

Don't feel like that was a slam on Clint it wasn't. The Asher kid was knocking heads that night and that hit was one of the hardest he made that game. I was just wondering what had happened to him since. And the name is isthatallyouGOT...........................

I could be wrong, but I believe things like air horns aren't illegal unless the school or association has a ban on artificial noisemakers like the SEC does. A horn doesn't stop play in football, so there's no deception involved. They might be considered unsporting, however, and if they became a problem they could lead to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

My understanding is that artificial noisemakers, such as airhorns, are prohibited at KHSAA sanctioned games.

I thought the real question with his post was where the Asher kid was. I think it was also pointed out how tought Greene was getting up and continuing to play after that hit. I didn't take it as a slam like you did. And shouldn't this be on that thread instead of this one? Just curious.