Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hoover High Investigation

Featured Replies

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2007-10-14-hoover-report_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

 

No big surprise that in a system that pays a coach $93k to coach football without teaching there would be cheating going on.

 

Side note: We all know that Alabama is a football crazy state. I didn't fully realize the extent of that madness until driving in Birmingham. On a mid-afternoon sports talk show, a caller starts his conversation with something to the effect of "you should see Jimmy Joe Smith in the 4th grade - he can really run that darn ball." At this point, I'm thinking "who the heck calls into a big city sports talk show and talks youth football" when much to my surprise and amazement the host of the show replies that "oh I've seen him - he's the real deal. You think he's good, you should see....."

 

Amazing.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutle power corrupts absolutely.

Wow, I never realized Hoover High was a school. I thought it was the New England Patriots farm team. On a serious note. A high school coach making nearly 100K just to coach? Coupled with trying to maintain a NATIONAL powerhouse. Lot of pressure. I am not surprised that they cut corners and swept things under the proverbial rug.

  • Author
I believe the 60+ page report is on the school's or their district's website.

 

Its also in the USA Today link .

On a positive note, this goes to show just how good Colerain is and the success public schools can enjoy when they make up their mind to commit to football.

On a positive note, this goes to show just how good Colerain is and the success public schools can enjoy when they make up their mind to commit to football.
AMEN!:ylsuper:
On a positive note, this goes to show just how good Colerain is and the success public schools can enjoy when they make up their mind to commit to football.

 

:thumb:Very good point, and very true.

How many private schools play against Colerain?

 

Can the private schools get kids from 12 surrounding counties?

 

What other power public schools are there who go against Colerain.

 

Do they play..say Atherton verses X or Iroquois. (I know thats changed just recently)

 

I know of Cincinnati X and Molleler (sp)

 

Has Colerain won the 17 or 18 championships like the Rocks?

 

Does Colerain also dominate soccer also?

 

Does Colerain have stadiums like X/Rocks? And whats Molleler/ Cincinnati X stadiums compared to the Kentucky schools?

 

Do they get kids from Kentucky who live in Kentucky during the season? Indiana?

 

I have more questions....Middle school questions, but I'll wait.

On a positive note, this goes to show just how good Colerain is and the success public schools can enjoy when they make up their mind to commit to football.

 

If i'm not mistaken, Hoover is a public school, not private.

There are many schools in Alabama, Texas, Georgia,and other states that pay coaches $80,000+ a year to do nothing but coach football.

 

The avg. salary of head coaches in the Dallas Metro area in Texas is $90,000+ but I think some of those guys teach, but not all of them. Todd Dodge at Southlake Carroll was making close to 90,000 before he left to go to North Texas University.

Gamer31 would know for sure but I believe what Coach Sphire gets at North Gwinnett is something similar...

Wow, I never realized Hoover High was a school. I thought it was the New England Patriots farm team. On a serious note. A high school coach making nearly 100K just to coach? Coupled with trying to maintain a NATIONAL powerhouse. Lot of pressure. I am not surprised that they cut corners and swept things under the proverbial rug.

 

In Alabama a majority of that money (if not all of it) comes from the boosters, not paid by the school system.

  • Author
Gamer31 would know for sure but I believe what Coach Sphire gets at North Gwinnett is something similar...

 

I'd be curious to know how much of it is official salary vs money coming from boosters.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.