Hoover High Investigation

cshs81

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2007-10-14-hoover-report_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

No big surprise that in a system that pays a coach $93k to coach football without teaching there would be cheating going on.

Side note: We all know that Alabama is a football crazy state. I didn't fully realize the extent of that madness until driving in Birmingham. On a mid-afternoon sports talk show, a caller starts his conversation with something to the effect of "you should see Jimmy Joe Smith in the 4th grade - he can really run that darn ball." At this point, I'm thinking "who the heck calls into a big city sports talk show and talks youth football" when much to my surprise and amazement the host of the show replies that "oh I've seen him - he's the real deal. You think he's good, you should see....."

Amazing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I never realized Hoover High was a school. I thought it was the New England Patriots farm team. On a serious note. A high school coach making nearly 100K just to coach? Coupled with trying to maintain a NATIONAL powerhouse. Lot of pressure. I am not surprised that they cut corners and swept things under the proverbial rug.

How many private schools play against Colerain?

Can the private schools get kids from 12 surrounding counties?

What other power public schools are there who go against Colerain.

Do they play..say Atherton verses X or Iroquois. (I know thats changed just recently)

I know of Cincinnati X and Molleler (sp)

Has Colerain won the 17 or 18 championships like the Rocks?

Does Colerain also dominate soccer also?

Does Colerain have stadiums like X/Rocks? And whats Molleler/ Cincinnati X stadiums compared to the Kentucky schools?

Do they get kids from Kentucky who live in Kentucky during the season? Indiana?

I have more questions....Middle school questions, but I'll wait.

On a positive note, this goes to show just how good Colerain is and the success public schools can enjoy when they make up their mind to commit to football.

If i'm not mistaken, Hoover is a public school, not private.

There are many schools in Alabama, Texas, Georgia,and other states that pay coaches $80,000+ a year to do nothing but coach football.

The avg. salary of head coaches in the Dallas Metro area in Texas is $90,000+ but I think some of those guys teach, but not all of them. Todd Dodge at Southlake Carroll was making close to 90,000 before he left to go to North Texas University.

Wow, I never realized Hoover High was a school. I thought it was the New England Patriots farm team. On a serious note. A high school coach making nearly 100K just to coach? Coupled with trying to maintain a NATIONAL powerhouse. Lot of pressure. I am not surprised that they cut corners and swept things under the proverbial rug.

In Alabama a majority of that money (if not all of it) comes from the boosters, not paid by the school system.