Everything posted by BULLDOG51
-
Cooper High School
I thought I heard somewhere that they were going to be the Cooper Cardinals.
-
A KHSAA Rule or good manners
I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!
-
A KHSAA Rule or good manners
They are in the band what do you expect? If they knew what offense and defense was, they would be on the field. Also, I think they should outlaw bands at all sporting events until they learn how to play Hendrix or the Beatles.:flame:
-
You make the call... 2
Never said pass interference was called. However once the illegal forward pass is called then in truth there is no pass interference as the second pass is technically a lateral and thereby does not warrant a PI call.
-
Hoover High Investigation
Well said. This is very true. Ohio has always been a hotbed of football. Cincy in particular. Kentucky is closing that gap slowly, but the bottom line is really one thing. Education. We are slowly closing that gap too. By my estimation we will be equal to Ohio in both aspects in 2059. At least I have realistic expectations.
-
Ludlow QB Jarrett Rouse Will Play Again This Season Now
Great to hear. :ylsuper::ylsuper:
-
You make the call... 2
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yeah, you can't make a educated decision without ALL the facts. Penalty for illegal forward pass. Team B declines and maintains possession at A 20.
-
Hoover High Investigation
There is but you have to go about 10-12 miles south (from Colerain HIGH School) where Colerain Ave. meets I-74 in Northside.
-
Hoover High Investigation
Have you ever been to Colerain?
-
Hoover High Investigation
Wow, I never realized Hoover High was a school. I thought it was the New England Patriots farm team. On a serious note. A high school coach making nearly 100K just to coach? Coupled with trying to maintain a NATIONAL powerhouse. Lot of pressure. I am not surprised that they cut corners and swept things under the proverbial rug.
-
Dixie Heights/Scott Predictions
I have to agree. Scott has seen increasing success in running the ball this year, which has allowed them to pull out a couple wins and stay within reach of their opponents when trailing by keeping the other 'O' off the field. As for Dixe (bold). Yes, you need to work out the kinks in those part of your game, BUT NOT in a district matchup. The only goal when entering a district game is TO WIN. If you are having alot of success running the ball ,moving the chains and scoring you stay with it. Now, Dixie finds themselves in a bit if a spot this week. Scott has gotten better as the season has gone along. Dixie seems to have gotten a bit stagnant. If they truly are anticipating a matchup with Highlands in the playoffs, they better win Friday. If they don't, they better pray for the other Colonels to lose.
-
CovCath/Holmes Predictions
If CCH wins they would not see Highlands until Round 2, only if they lose or not at all if they lose and Scott wins. other scenarios have them at #2 or #3 seed.
-
CovCath/Holmes Predictions
Running up that hill during two a days, and on Saturdays if you screwed the pooch Friday night. Hey where is the emoticon for OMG, I think I am dying??
-
Rule Interpretation
I thought it was the "DAVE CASPER" rule.
-
Tiebreakers
Gotcha, I missed that post. Yeah it can be kind of tough when you have to go past first couple of tiebreakers.
-
Tiebreakers
Incorrect. The first tie-breaker is head to head. If one of the 3 teams has a win over the other 2 teams(or vice versa) they get the spot. If there is a situation where 1beats 2 2 beats3 and 3 beats 1. Then the above scenario comes in to play.
-
NKY Freshman Football
Are we talking bass or ball players?:banana::banana::banana:
-
NKY Freshman Football
7th graders are not allowed to play freshman ball. Nor can an 8th grader compete in Spring ball.
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
:thumb::thumb::thumb:
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
I agree. Thanks, at least someone thinks I did one thing right this weekend.
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
That I agree on. I did say This isn't Highlands.
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
Where did I say that? You may be confusing me with someone else. I never said anything about him keeping kids from doing anything else? I know I never said these kids can't be dedicated. I know they CAN.
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
NO. All I said was this kid was having some issues. I listened to him. I told him he had to make his own decision about HIS future. He is a good kid, who has had some personal problems he had been dealing with, and needed someone to talk to outside of his family and the coaching staff. Not saying I saved anything. All I said was that if someone doesn't believe I support the DAWGS they are wrong. Dead Wrong. So in a sense, I am supporting Lickert.
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I was wondering the same thing.
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
1. No I praised the kids. I am not complaining about being an also ran. I HAVE BEEN THERE with these same kids. I know a coach cannot win if the kids don't produce. When I was there I preached to the kids I had to be better students and citizens, because most of them will not have football after high school. That being a BETTER man was more important than being a good football player. Also if I had a kid that was taking cheap shots or mouthing I sat them. What other coaches allowed and did was out of my control. I never said I wasn't going to give him time. What I said was " I am not sold on Coach Lickert YET". I know how hard it is to coach at Holmes. Look at the seniors that were there last year. I knew before this year ever started that these kids would be better behaved. No disrespect intended. The kids that are seniors now were a joy to coach as 8th graders and freshman. You take a look back a year, see who was there and one player in particular. Where is he now? Now, let's remember. I am afforded an opinion. As far as buying in, Maybe not just yet. But I will have you know that one of the seniors called me last Saturday. I had a long talk with him. I would like to think that I am a big reason he was playing last night. So if you don't think I support the DAWGS you are wrong. Dead wrong. I do not trash talk Lickert to the kids. I listen to them. I urge them to keep playing. Just because I say I am not sold on him yet, doesn't mean I don't respect him. I just KNOW that those kids deserved to have the dancing balloons. Win, Lose or Draw.