Hoover High Investigation

cshs81

Ohio athletes can in fact have residences anywhere. They just must at least have a GUARDIAN in Ohio. Big difference in that and a permanent resident.

Too bad you weren't at the KHSAA meeting on Thursday. Or if you were, you didn't pay attention. The out of state restriction has already passed the KHSAA so it wasn't voted on again, but it was fully reported on and will be moving its way through the implemenation channels again starting in December according to KHSAA staff.

Kissinger,

That is some awesome information. We also know West Virginia ,Tennessee, and as reported on a radio broadcast, several border states on the western edge of KY have students participating in KHSAA programs. These are confirmed public schools as well.

I don't believe the out of state ban would hold up in court. I doubt the state legislature would pass this either. It's an artificial boundary. Competition is good. Let them choose. Their parent or guardian could work next door to a school. My taxes are paying for "Johnny" already; I don't care where he lives. Who is to say this child won't be a positive influnece on classmates?

I know of a situation where the mother and father recently divorced, the mother moved to Indiana, she would have primary caregiver tag, and her child still attends my parish school. She will attend a private all-girls school in the near future. She should remain eligible for all extracuricular activities.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP.