St. X Ranked #3 in the Country

BuddyBW

Five of the top six are Catholic schools.

Yes and I would bet that Youngstown Cardinal Mooney may be better than Cincy St. X . Colerain is 24th. Two schools from Cincy in the top 25 and only one can make it to Championship game in Ohio.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and I would bet that Youngstown Cardinal Mooney may be better than Cincy St. X . Colerain is 24th. Two schools from Cincy in the top 25 and only one can make it to Championship game in Ohio.

Sports Illustrated has them something like 2nd and 9th in the country. Congrats to Louisville X!

All rivalries should drop to the side. National exposure is great for all KY kids. Congrats to St X. I hope HHS starts moving back up too. Hopefully the time is coming that we will see multiple teams from KY in the top 100 consistently.

I agree.

Is high school football in KY the best in the nation? No. But we are not far behind the powers. There is alot of talent in KY. The quality of high school football in the state as a whole continues to improve. This is despite continued efforts by the KHSAA to water it down. Congrats to St. Xavier and all Kentucky teams for continued improvement and quality of play.

This may not be a popular opinion on this board, but we are far, far behind the powers. We are improving, but we've still got a long way to go.

You are probably correct. However, Trinity led the top ranked high school team in America this year through part of the third quarter.

You are probably correct. However, Trinity led the top ranked high school team in America this year through part of the third quarter.

...who was playing without their star runningback. Imagine Trinity without Phillips or X without Deuce.

Our top teams (1 or 2 schools) every few years can play with the top teams in the nation. We have no where near the depth of great, quality teams that other states do.

Most people agree that Henry Clay is one of the top teams in the state this year, along with X, T, HHS and BG. Henry Clay lost by 29 to LaSalle, who may be a top 15-20 team in Ohio.

And Trinity gave up a TD to Cincy X on the last play of the game, and Lou. X gave up a TD to T in the last minute of the game. Take away those two scores late in both games, and you have T losing to Cincy X by 10 and Lou. X by 15.

I don't believe in comparing scores versus common opponents, but one may make the argument that our best is just as good as OH's best based on those two games and scores.

While its nice to be recognized for the team accomplishments (so far...), this national ranking stuff is a lot of hot air. This poll means something to me come December 15..... now it is nothing more than a distraction and a bunch of hot air telling you that you dont have to work hard in practice today...... We all know what that will get you....

Tigers - Ignore the polls and practice as if you are 25th in the State of KY......