St. X Ranked #3 in the Country

BuddyBW

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us also not forget that LOU. St. Xavier posesses a losing record against Trinity in this century.

And is winning the overall series...

Not sure how your comment is relevant at all to the conversation or to the topic that Jimmy brought up.

Congrats to the Tigers of St. X for being ranked nationally. It is always nice to see national attention to any Kentucky school. I for one was very proud of the fact that Trinity has the best atheltic program in Kentucky according to Sport's Illustrated -

Congrats to the Tigers of St. X for being ranked nationally. It is always nice to see national attention to any Kentucky school. I for one was very proud of the fact that Trinity has the best atheltic program in Kentucky according to Sport's Illustrated -

Not to steal your thunder, but St. X actually had the best athletic program in the state according to SI. We're ranked #14 in the country.

SI said that after looking through the results of the '06-'07 season, Trinity had the best year.

Let us also not forget that LOU. St. Xavier posesses a losing record against Trinity in this century.

Why do we pick out certain conditions? Did St X have a losing record against Flaget last century because their offensive scheme didn't work with the advancement of the facemask?

How else should we look at head to head besides OVERALL-Not games played this century with rainy weather and Trinity as a visitor in even numbered years?

X folks you have had your fun now join the rest of us in reality. Lou X wins one game and gets the high national ranking. How did you get the high ranking by beating a team that has earned the hardware for the last six years and been playing the national teams to get the good exposure on a national level. Nice win on Sept 28th and glad to see the tigers doing well in the polls but remember who got you there. Hope to see you in Dec.

A high ranking in the polls only spells bad things to come for the Tigers. That's why you will never see me jumping up and down about this stuff. The real poll is decided about 10:30 pm on Dec. 8.....

Tell me about it! We started the 2003 season as #4 in the country, proceeded to lose our first 4 of the season. :irked:

Turned out alright though in the end. :banana:

^^ BTW - Thanks for allowing us to be in the position for "you" to get us here....

I think I need some boots, its getting pretty deep around here....

Don't look at me buddy, I didn't say it Biotech did.

Just because we're sporting the same avatar doesn't mean we're the same person. :p

X folks you have had your fun now join the rest of us in reality. Lou X wins one game and gets the high national ranking. How did you get the high ranking by beating a team that has earned the hardware for the last six years and been playing the national teams to get the good exposure on a national level. Nice win on Sept 28th and glad to see the tigers doing well in the polls but remember who got you there. Hope to see you in Dec.

Looks like seeing X on a silly national poll has struck a jealous nerve with you.

We look forward to Dec.

Go Tigers

Its kinda interesting. I don't recall any X posters disclaiming the ranking(s) that Trinity has recieved over the last couple of seasons. I mean really, how long did we here on this site that (ranked) Trinity was going to play No. 1 cincy St. X...? 5 or 6 weeks...... No one (Xposters), that I can recall, made claims of elevated rankings etc., just the opposite. I would rather think that if my team lost to the #3 team in the nation 24 - 15, that maybe my team can improve and try to challenge in the post season.

:thumb:

Looks like seeing X on a silly national poll has struck a jealous nerve with you.

We look forward to Dec.

Go Tigers

Jealous no I was just making a comment about the thread in general. I really hope both teams make it to Dec. Win that game for the hardware and I will be the first to post that X is the best team but to do that X must learn to finish.