Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X Ranked #3 in the Country

Featured Replies

...who was playing without their star runningback. Imagine Trinity without Phillips or X without Deuce.

 

Our top teams (1 or 2 schools) every few years can play with the top teams in the nation. We have no where near the depth of great, quality teams that other states do.

 

Most people agree that Henry Clay is one of the top teams in the state this year, along with X, T, HHS and BG. Henry Clay lost by 29 to LaSalle, who may be a top 15-20 team in Ohio.

 

Well, you are correct. I had forgotten that aspect. I traveled up to Cincinnati and watched Cincinnati X play their first game of the season, also without their star running back, but for some reason that important factor had slipped my mind. :thumb:

  • Replies 104
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Trinity gave up a TD to Cincy X on the last play of the game, and Lou. X gave up a TD to T in the last minute of the game. Take away those two scores late in both games, and you have T losing to Cincy X by 10 and Lou. X by 15.

 

I don't believe in comparing scores versus common opponents, but one may make the argument that our best is just as good as OH's best based on those two games and scores.

 

 

X had Deuce the other X DIDN'T have Ashley.

It will be interesting to see where USAToday places them on Thursday.

 

 

Out of all the national rankings, this is the one I tend to lend the most credence to. :thumb:

Out of all the national rankings, this is the one I tend to lend the most credence to. :thumb:

 

They know the least about HS football. Unlike max preps they do not see live games or have dedicated HS staff.

X had Deuce the other X DIDN'T have Ashley.
Let's not forget X didn't have Zoeller or the second option to run the ball.
Five of the top six are Catholic schools.

 

Which public school is ranked ?

Let's not forget X didn't have Zoeller or the second option to run the ball.

 

 

That is true. I won't deny that X outplayed us in that game at all. However in having watched both St.X's I think that Louisville St.X would have a hard time against Cincy X; with OR without Ashley.

 

Cincy X's biggest weakness is in the passing game and while Zoeller has thrown well, when he has thrown it, I don't think he would be able to overcome the Bombers' Defense very effectively on account of the Tigers offensive scheme. He was stellar against us, but Cincy X is by no means Trinity.

That is true. I won't deny that X outplayed us in that game at all. However in having watched both St.X's I think that Louisville St.X would have a hard time against Cincy X; with OR without Ashley.

 

Cincy X's biggest weakness is in the passing game and while Zoeller has thrown well, when he has thrown it, I don't think he would be able to overcome the Bombers' Defense very effectively on account of the Tigers offensive scheme. He was stellar against us, but Cincy X is by no means Trinity.

 

I totally agree. It is all about match ups. X hasn't matched up with Male many years, actually owning a losing record against them. I don't give a national ranking a whole lot of thought because the state rules are different from state to state. How do you compare a team that has 7 on 7 in their state versus a team that their state doesn't allow it? I talked to one of my refereeing buddies this weekend who now lives in Alaska. They are having their state finals this weekend after 3 weeks in the playoffs. How good is Shelby County passing against Anchorage High in 10 below temperature? How's the special teams in that match up? Brrrrrrrrrr!

 

As to national rankings and comparing against the top national teams, I think you can look at KY's finest and see where we have few wins against the top out of state teams. HIghlands and Cov Catholic have played yearly against the better teams across the river but fall short more times than not. Trinity's 97 and 98 teams that played two Cincinnati GCL teams both years and lost both games, and Louisville St X has losing records to Moeller, Elder and Cincy St X. To be ranked in the national polls, you really need to be undefeated and that is tough to do as the most honored program in Kentucky has only done it once in the last 17 years ( 2002). I think Henry Clay would be nationally ranked if they hadn't played LaSalle this year. While it's nice for some guy from Max Preps or Cal Preps or Prep Nation puts together a web site, I think St X is thinking more about getting by PRP in two weeks and not checking scores for Miami Northwestern and Mater Dei in California.

That is true. I won't deny that X outplayed us in that game at all. However in having watched both St.X's I think that Louisville St.X would have a hard time against Cincy X; with OR without Ashley.

 

Cincy X's biggest weakness is in the passing game and while Zoeller has thrown well, when he has thrown it, I don't think he would be able to overcome the Bombers' Defense very effectively on account of the Tigers offensive scheme. He was stellar against us, but Cincy X is by no means Trinity.

 

Obviously, we'll never know how much better Cincy X is than Lou. X since they won't play this year. But if Cincy X's weakness is passing as noted above, how do the Trinity faithful think Lou X's D-Line would do against Cincy X's how O-Line in a game of smash mouth? Is Cincy X's line so enormous that Smith, Foy, Carpenter, Jones, Bruthcer and Co. would just get blown off the ball? I have no idea, just curious.

Obviously, we'll never know how much better Cincy X is than Lou. X since they won't play this year. But if Cincy X's weakness is passing as noted above, how do the Trinity faithful think Lou X's D-Line would do against Cincy X's how O-Line in a game of smash mouth? Is Cincy X's line so enormous that Smith, Foy, Carpenter, Jones, Bruthcer and Co. would just get blown off the ball? I have no idea, just curious.

Coach Specht would probably double team Smith and man up on the rest. Carpenter would do well but they need the linebackers to tackle well. Foy could affect some of the throws with his height. Brutscher plays solid gap defense. I guess we'll never know.

That is true. I won't deny that X outplayed us in that game at all. However in having watched both St.X's I think that Louisville St.X would have a hard time against Cincy X; with OR without Ashley.

 

Cincy X's biggest weakness is in the passing game and while Zoeller has thrown well, when he has thrown it, I don't think he would be able to overcome the Bombers' Defense very effectively on account of the Tigers offensive scheme. He was stellar against us, but Cincy X is by no means Trinity.

 

We may not of had a whole lot of success throwing the ball but....

 

Let's not forget that it was the Rocks offensive scheme that became one dimensional and threw 4 interceptions against Cincy St X and put their defense on the field too often after 3 three and outs in the third quarter. Rocks offense has been successful when they run the ball. Trinity threw the ball 43 times against Cincinnati St X. Total rushing yards -33. Total rushing yards Lasalle 73 Total rushing yards Elder -10

 

Cincy St X has been beaten in the 2000's by a strictly running team known as Colerain because they don't turn the ball over and play solid defense.

 

By the way, Louisville St X was 2 of 7 against Trinity for 44 yards and 1 touchdown.

By the way, Louisville St X was 2 of 7 against Trinity for 44 yards and 1 touchdown.

Let us also not forget that LOU. St. Xavier posesses a losing record against Trinity in this century.

Yes and I would bet that Youngstown Cardinal Mooney may be better than Cincy St. X . Colerain is 24th. Two schools from Cincy in the top 25 and only one can make it to Championship game in Ohio.

 

I would definately take that bet. St. X is just too big and fast. Is Mooney a division 2 team?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.