Just rewatched the UofL and UK game and...

RowdyRedRam

Most have underestimated the biggest loss in the offseason, Bobby Petrino. We are talking one of the top coaches in America to someone that is more of an "up and coming" type of coach, relatively unproven. Why UL did not run the ball 20 more times than they did confuses the heck out of me. It is the mindset of new age coaching that you have to pass the ball to be successful... especially when your top player is a QB. Well, UK's best player is a QB, and the reason they won was because they were able to establish the run and stuck with it a lot more than UL did.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad does this season have to go for UL before the AD begins to get ripped for making such a quick decision on the new coach? Remember he was lauded for being able to have a great hire in place quickly in the spring.

You're kidding, right?

I refuse to become a Kentucky-like fan, calling for coach's and AD's head with only the smallest set-back. We may not be playing for a national championship this year, but the season isn't lost yet. Not only that, but I think that everyone needs to step back, take a deep breath and remember we lost 7 VERY experienced defensive starters from last year's team. And take into account the HUGE loss that Amobie was to us.

Please...anyone who wants to rip Jurich for this season needs to get a reality check. That man has led the entire UL Athletic program to unprecedented success at UL. Look somewhere else to place blame.

You're kidding, right?

I refuse to become a Kentucky-like fan, calling for coach's and AD's head with only the smallest set-back. We may not be playing for a national championship this year, but the season isn't lost yet. Not only that, but I think that everyone needs to step back, take a deep breath and remember we lost 7 VERY experienced defensive starters from last year's team. And take into account the HUGE loss that Amobie was to us.

Please...anyone who wants to rip Jurich for this season needs to get a reality check. That man has led the entire UL Athletic program to unprecedented success at UL. Look somewhere else to place blame.

BRAVO, rockmom.

I've never been proud of the certain percentage of fans who turn coat at the first sign of problems or the first setback to their expectations. I always want to tell them that the real world is a tough place and you aren't going to always get what you want, deal with it.

Yes, the UL faithful have to be disappointed, and yes the vocal few have made some noise and let their dissatisfaction be known. But that surely doesn't represent the whole of the UL fanbase. Certainly not this early on in Coach K's tenure. Kragthorpe and UL need time to grow into their system and work out the kinks. The season is young.

You're kidding, right?

1/2 way kidding.

You know how sports fans are, there has to be someone to blame.:p

UL goes close to 500 or under and the fans will be wanting to blame someone. And the defense they are showing now, well just good thing they are in a not the top level conference.:p

You're kidding, right?

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Talent is there.

Lack of scheme and discipline is what gets me.

Looking at the U of L defense at the game and seeing them upclose, it looks like an NFL defense as far as the athletes go. There are some all-world looks team players on that defense! Good size and excellent speed.

Something is not right?????

Looking at the U of L defense at the game and seeing them upclose, it looks like an NFL defense as far as the athletes go. There are some all-world looks team players on that defense! Good size and excellent speed.

Something is not right?????

They're inexperienced...that's what's not right. Only one way to fix that.

You're kidding, right?

RM I agree with your post but I don't think that Kentucky fans are the only ones that are like this. I am pretty sure that this goes on everywhere. I have admitted that I was one that was calling for Brook's job and have now taken my serving of crow about that.

I just think that the statement "Kentucky Like Fans" a little much when practically every school has fans that are guilty of this. Try listening to some of the Michigan, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State(When Cooper was there) and other fans and imo you will find much more than what comments were on here about the U.L. coach. Again, I agree with the message in your post. :thumb:

My how times change, just a few weeks ago and really from the end of last season we were reading post and threads on here about U.L. being an "Elite" program. :sssh: . Now, it looks like some are ready to bail and jump off the Cardinal bandwagon :lol:

RM I agree with your post but I don't think that Kentucky fans are the only ones that are like this. I am pretty sure that this goes on everywhere. I have admitted that I was one that was calling for Brook's job and have now taken my serving of crow about that.

I just think that the statement "Kentucky Like Fans" a little much when practically every school has fans that are guilty of this. Try listening to some of the Michigan, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State(When Cooper was there) and other fans and imo you will find much more than what comments were on here about the U.L. coach. Again, I agree with the message in your post. :thumb:

My how times change, just a few weeks ago and really from the end of last season we were reading post and threads on here about U.L. being an "Elite" program. :sssh: . Now, it looks like some are ready to bail and jump off the Cardinal bandwagon :lol:

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. My butt's firmly glued. :D

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. My butt's firmly glued. :D

:thumb: I realize that :D - I was speaking of some others that have posted and blaming it on eveything but what actually happened............U.K. WON............and deserved to win, they were the better team. Now, do I think that U.K. is "Elite", absolutely not but U.L. is very far from it as well.