Dayton 21 Holmes 19

gametime

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was Ellis replaced in the 4th qtr? Was he throwing too many picks?

The passing game wasn't clicking for either team in the first half. More INTs (5) than completed passes.

In the second half both teams hit on a few short passes but anything down the field was in danger of being picked.

Dayton kind of alternated QB's in the fourth quarter at first but the sub has a little purer passing arm but is not as strong a runner.

The passing game wasn't clicking for either team in the first half. More INTs (5) than completed passes.

In the second half both teams hit on a few short passes but anything down the field was in danger of being picked.

Dayton kind of alternated QB's in the fourth quarter at first but the sub has a little purer passing arm but is not as strong a runner.

I think anytime you play an athletic Holmes Secondary you are going to get picked a couple times in a game. Dayton is a senior laden team, this is huge for their confidence. Congrats to Coach Deaton !!!!

Color me surprised.

Could Dayton be a sleeper this year in 1A?

It will be interesting to see how Holmes bounces back in their next game. Who do they have next?

Um noo...They just like everyone else in 1A this year really has no chance to beat Beechwood this year. Dayton probably actually was the favorite to get the 2nd seed going into the year since they return so much, so they really aren't much of a sleeper atleast when it comes to 1A...

Um noo...They just like everyone else in 1A this year really has no chance to beat Beechwood this year. Dayton probably actually was the favorite to get the 2nd seed going into the year since they return so much, so they really aren't much of a sleeper atleast when it comes to 1A...

You are clueless!!! I hope beechwood takes them lightly.

Congratulations to Coach Deaton and the Dayton Greendevils!!! The hard work that we have been hearing about is definitely paying dividends...It's pretty impressive when you can overcome 4 INT's and still pull out the victory in the 4th quarter!

One the other hand, I hope the Bulldogs can learn to finish because it doesn't get any easier for them the rest of the way!!!

Great win for the Dayton program.

Huge set back for the Holmes program...imo

How can it be a setback? The first game under Coach Lickert, I thought was good. He WILL be able to develop and use the athleticism that this team has to his advantage. Yes, I dont think a loss is a good start, but there is something to definitely build on here! You have to remember that this Dayton team is a senior laden team that is going to turn some heads this year. I think Holmes will be fine.