UK's 2007 Defense

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK's defense doesn't have to be great, heck they don't even have to be really good with the yardage they are going to put up.

I think they will better because:

1) Mike Archer is gone....a change was needed and Steve Brown is an unknown but seems to have some fire.

2) All the young guys will only continue to get better.....Jeremy Jarmon, Myron Pryor, Corey Peters, Micah Johnson, Trevard Lindley, EJ Adams, Paul Warford, and others give a young nucleus to build around mixed with a few veterans.

3) Even though they did get gashed last year many times, they started playing better towards the end of the year and some of that confidence has carried over.

I don't expect to see them stopping UofL, Florida, or LSU....but hopefully they will improve against the 2nd tier teams...

Not many teams stop UofL, Florida, or LSU.

Perception seems to be (among UK faithful) that the Wildcat's defense will be improved over last season. I ask this with all sincerity, Why?

What have they done that makes you think they will be better?

Good question with 8 easy answers, .....

1. They finished strong on D down the stretch

2. They bring back more experience this season as they young guys improved by season's end

3. New D coordinator appears to be more aggressive, which was lacking in too many games the first 2/3 of last season

4. Better recruits are filling up the depth chart & pushing the veterans to work harder

5. D line will be a strength with more depth

6. D backs were VERY young and began to blossom towards the end of last season with nothing but upside this season

7. Linebackers are more deep and the offseason physical improvements of Micah Johnson will help him be much more of an impact player

8. All the young players now understand the system much better and with that experience from last year accompanied with the momentum they finished with, they will be even more ready to play

These are the main reasons I believe they will be better on D in 2007 than they were in 2006.

They can slow UL down enough to make a game of it...and will do quite well against UL's D...
I actually don't think anyone is really going to slow Louisville's offense down this year. I do however think that U of L's defense will struggle against UK's offense, having played teams that are much, much lower in skill. This early, I will start with something like 49-35 or so.

I actually don't think anyone is really going to slow Louisville's offense down this year. I do however think that U of L's defense will struggle against UK's offense, having played teams that are much, much lower in skill. This early, I will start with something like 49-35 or so.

I agree. I would be surprised to see a low scoring game on either side of the scoreboard in this one. But I have been wrong before. Both D's are going to take some shots in the media, ... UL for what they have lost and UK for their overall lack of defensive performance last season and COULD surprise us with a stellar defensive battle. But somehow, I just think these 2 offenses going head to head could be like the Trinity vs Male title game a few years ago, ... one TD after another after another after another after, .......

I'll believe they have improved drastically when I see it...

Who said they improved drastically?

I think they've improved, but I don't know if they've improved drastically or not. I think the final two games of the year last year are evidence that they improved.

Who said they improved drastically?

I think they've improved, but I don't know if they've improved drastically or not. I think the final two games of the year last year are evidence that they improved.

And La Monroe is reason enough for me to think it's likely much of the same. If they don't improve DRASTICALLY it isn't going to be a fun season for the 70,000 strong...

And La Monroe is reason enough for me to think it's likely much of the same. If they don't improve DRASTICALLY it isn't going to be a fun season for the 70,000 strong...

How so...they won 8 games, including a bowl, with that defense...focusing on La Monroe instead of UT and Clemson is not surprising for you...the defense will put up better numbers in '07, it's a given...and probably significantly better...

How so...they won 8 games, including a bowl, with that defense...focusing on La Monroe instead of UT and Clemson is not surprising for you...the defense will put up better numbers in '07, it's a given...and probably significantly better...

Only better isn't good enough. Agree???

Only better isn't good enough. Agree???

Only better than the team that won 8 games...I'll take it...again, a good chance of being significantly better...we will know quickly in Week 3 where they are...