UK's 2007 Defense

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perception seems to be (among UK faithful) that the Wildcat's defense will be improved over last season. I ask this with all sincerity, Why?

What have they done that makes you think they will be better?

Something like 7+ Returning.....

Something like 7+ Returning.....
I'm forced to ask this follow up question. Why is it good to have so many returning players from a bad defense? I would assume you think they have improved over the off season. Where do you think the improvement will be felt?

Perception seems to be (among UK faithful) that the Wildcat's defense will be improved over last season. I ask this with all sincerity, Why?

What have they done that makes you think they will be better?

No other direction to really go, honestly. I believe the perception is with all that is returning on the defensive side of the ball, and with a new cooridnator, the D should be a little better. I would say the vast contingent still look at them as a lower tier defensive team in the SEC, but still improved.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a young defense returning many starters will improve after getting a year's worth of experience vs some very tough competition.

You're right H20, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Wow then Atherton High School should have a great year this year. Thanks for splaining to us simple folks.

Atherton didn't finish 8-5 with a pair of good defensive perfomances against Tennessee and Clemson--or with a +15 turnover ratio. :rolleyes: I don't think that anyone is saying that UK will remind anyone of the Steel Curtain but enough returners showed potential last year that to think that they won't be improved is simply foolish.

Atherton didn't finish 8-5 with a pair of good defensive perfomances against Tennessee and Clemson--or with a +15 turnover ratio. :rolleyes: I don't think that anyone is saying that UK will remind anyone of the Steel Curtain but enough returners showed potential last year that to think that they won't be improved is simply foolish.

The cardinal-red blinders are out tonight! :lol:

No other direction to really go, honestly. I believe the perception is with all that is returning on the defensive side of the ball, and with a new cooridnator, the D should be a little better. I would say the vast contingent still look at them as a lower tier defensive team in the SEC, but still improved.
With the new coordinator being "in-house" do you think that helps or hurts the developement of the D. Do you expect to see any new looks from them, more or less gambling?

Also, do you attribute the turnover ratio more to the defense or the lack of turnovers by the offense, and if it is due to the defense what is their secret?

With the new coordinator being "in-house" do you think that helps or hurts the developement of the D. Do you expect to see any new looks from them, more or less gambling?

Also, do you attribute the turnover ratio more to the defense or the lack of turnovers by the offense, and if it is due to the defense what is their secret?

They also led the conference in turnovers created at 32 so they're doing something to cause them.

UK's defense doesn't have to be great, heck they don't even have to be really good with the yardage they are going to put up.

I think they will better because:

1) Mike Archer is gone....a change was needed and Steve Brown is an unknown but seems to have some fire.

2) All the young guys will only continue to get better.....Jeremy Jarmon, Myron Pryor, Corey Peters, Micah Johnson, Trevard Lindley, EJ Adams, Paul Warford, and others give a young nucleus to build around mixed with a few veterans.

3) Even though they did get gashed last year many times, they started playing better towards the end of the year and some of that confidence has carried over.

I don't expect to see them stopping UofL, Florida, or LSU....but hopefully they will improve against the 2nd tier teams...