UK's 2007 Defense

RowdyRedRam

And how did they play the next two games vs. bowl teams???

Well. How many times would you like me to say it? The last two games were pretty impressive for the worst D in the game. I'm far from sold that is the D we will see every week this year. Is that what you expect? The last 2 games are all you need? Sorry in advance...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. How many times would you like me to say it? The last two games were pretty impressive for the worst D in the game. I'm far from sold that is the D we will see every week this year. Is that what you expect? The last 2 games are all you need? Sorry in advance...

Seems to me that UK played to the level of their competition. They played down to Monroe, and up to UT and Clemson. So why are you so stuck on believing that the Monroe game is the real UK? Moreover, why does it really matter a year removed?

Talk to me about the defense versus Clemson. What did you see there?

They played pretty well and took advantage of three fumbles and an INT. They also failed to put the opponent away as Clemson scored twice late. The 130 yards for a solid ground team was nice. The 270 in the air to a bad passing team was bad. Here's to 4 TOs a game for the amazing UK D...

Most of the D returns? Still the same players? No reason I guess. The UK D will be amazing. I guess I let facts get in the way of a good opinion. Silly me...

Don't most people agree that when most of a unit returns it's good for cohesion and chemistry?

They played pretty well and took advantage of three fumbles and an INT. They also failed to put the opponent away as Clemson scored twice late. The 130 yards for a solid ground team was nice. The 270 in the air to a bad passing team was bad. Here's to 4 TOs a game for the amazing UK D...

The 97 rushing yards they gave up to UT was pretty good too...UK defense will be adequate to keep their very good offense in the game against anyone...

Hey, I'm not claiming UK will be world beaters. The defense will probably be middle of the road, but improved. I'm just taking up for my team against (what I feel) is an unreasonable argument from your end. To hear you tell it, the Monroe game was the only game UK played last year.

Don't most people agree that when most of a unit returns it's good for cohesion and chemistry?

How about when it's the worst unit? I'm sorry, but the UK D will have to prove a LOT to get my respect. They were young and almost always AWFUL. It's a good thing they all return? I'd love to see you guys lining up if I said the UC hoops team was going to be far better than last year...

Hey, I'm not claiming UK will be world beaters. The defense will probably be middle of the road, but improved. I'm just taking up for my team against (what I feel) is an unreasonable argument from your end. To hear you tell it, the Monroe game was the only game UK played last year.

It was simply a team UK played down the stretch when the unit was "much improved". Would you feel better if I focused on the 600+ yards by Vandy in week 10???

Most of the D returns? Still the same players? No reason I guess. The UK D will be amazing. I guess I let facts get in the way of a good opinion. Silly me...

Facts? You haven't backed up your opinion with a single fact...other than they used to be bad last year, except the end of the season when they were good against those two bowl teams...:confused:

How about when it's the worst unit? I'm sorry, but the UK D will have to prove a LOT to get my respect. They were young and almost always AWFUL. It's a good thing they all return? I'd love to see you guys lining up if I said the UC hoops team was going to be far better than last year...

If UC returns a majority of their players from last year (I don't know if they do), then I don't see why they wouldn't be improved.

Facts? You haven't backed up your opinion with a single fact...other than they used to be bad last year, except the end of the season when they were good against those two bowl teams...:confused:

I forgot how amazing the UT and Clemson offensive units were I guess. It is the same players that were bad about 82% of the time. But as always the 18% is the focus... :walk:

If UC returns a majority of their players from last year (I don't know if they do), then I don't see why they wouldn't be improved.

UC was one of the worst BCS teams in Hoops. I don't care what they return, the best result is gaining a small dose of respectability. Is that where you see the UK D???

It was simply a team UK played down the stretch when the unit was "much improved". Would you feel better if I focused on the 600+ yards by Vandy in week 10???

You can focus on any game you like. My point is that the Cats were a very young, inconsistent defense last year. They experienced highs and lows. Another year together and you have to think they'll be better and more consistent.

I forgot how amazing the UT and Clemson offensive units were I guess. It is the same players that were bad about 82% of the time. But as always the 18% is the focus... :walk:

You have the worst case of UK-itis I have ever seen...hssb smoked your argument on the other thread, I should have just left well enough alone...:walk: