It only took two days for...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duh, of course it was the presidents fault. I'm sure that Senator was pulling tooth and nail for the past several years trying to get more funding for bridges and roadways, but was told every time, "Sorry the money must go to our efforts in Iraq.":rolleyes:

Yea that sounds about right.

Even more amazing is the fact she voted for more troop funding in January

LINK

What's sad(funny) about this is that most people will never know this, those that do will say she was just trying to do the right thing and that she didn't agree with the war in Iraq but does want "resolve".

Again you dodge the point.

Do you believe that the Democrats should use this tragedy for political points.

As I recall some on here were fairly critical of when OUR PRESIDENT even mentioned 9/11 during his re-election campaign. Are the Democrats now equally as reprehensible for politicizing this disaster and Katrina?

Iraq has nothing to do with answering this question.

Should the Democrats use this tragedy for political points. No, but the way politics are today, they will, and Republicans will do the same and have in the past. Its all a part of the political game to get the upper hand in a equally divided nation as we are on politics. As I recall some on here were fairly critical of that statement after the 2004 election, but two years later it didn't take much for a shift in power. Now the Dems are trying to build on it, and Republicans trying to get it back, and this is all a part of that.

Does ANYONE believe that the funds used for the war would have been designated for infrastructure? Not a chance. When was the last time before this tragedy that you heard any politician have it at the top of his/her priorities? Even here in NoKy you seldom hear about funds for the Brent Spence Bridge other than a newspaper article periodacally.

Does ANYONE believe that the funds used for the war would have been designated for infrastructure? Not a chance. When was the last time before this tragedy that you heard any politician have it at the top of his/her priorities? Even here in NoKy you seldom hear about funds for the Brent Spence Bridge other than a newspaper article periodacally.

My friend, I'm not sure where you've been, but the political and business leadership in N. Ky and S. Ohio have been beating the Brent Spence rebuild drum hard and loud for the last several years and continue to do so.

Infrastructure needs to be taken much more seriously than our lawmakers do now. Reading in the article, the nation's bridges received a passing C grade from the civil engineers while aviation, dams, drinking water, electric power grid and hazardous waste disposal systems all received D's. How bad are the others when we have a bridge collapse?

Yes, there are plenty of things wrong with the country, except no one wants to pay more taxes so there is not enough money to go around. Everyone thinks that they know the best way to spend all of the nation's money, but no matter what something is going to get sacrificed.

My friend, I'm not sure where you've been, but the political and business leadership in N. Ky and S. Ohio have been beating the Brent Spence rebuild drum hard and loud for the last several years and continue to do so.

It certainly doesn't get much press then. Go back and review the local media and see how often it's covered.